The Student Room Group

What ethnicity are you?

---
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'm a Lemon.
Er... are you sure you want me to answer that? I mostly confuse people. It would be like opening a can of worms. :biggrin:
Half belgian with Mediterranean roots, and the other hand berber with Arab and Scandinavian roots! :biggrin:
Reply 4
Im Arab Kenyan Italian :smile:
Original post by Lemon Haze
I'm a Lemon.

You're awesome. :smile: I like lemons.
Lebanese Arab
Original post by godivaontherocks
Er... are you sure you want me to answer that? I mostly confuse people. It would be like opening a can of worms. :biggrin:

Not as confusing as me surely?

Please do.
Original post by childofthesun
Lebanese Arab

A fan of by any chance?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AlphaWolfZ
Not as confusing as me surely?

I'm mostly of South Indian origin on both sides, but with French, Portuguese and Polish ancestry on dad's side. Might have a French ancestor on mum's side. And I'm Mauritian. Well dual British-Mauritian. And (although this doesn't relate to the question) just to confuse things, I was born in France.
I'm mostly of South Indian origin on both sides, but with French, Portuguese and Polish ancestry on dad's side. Might have a French ancestor on mum's side. And I'm Mauritian. Well dual British-Mauritian. And (although this doesn't relate to the question) just to confuse things, I was born in France.

Where from South India? And yes, that is a pretty wild - but cool - mix.

Well my Belgian mother's parents are originally from a specific Moroccan ancestry which we will call X for short. My father is from another root called Y. X come from Scandinavians as well as the romans. Mixed with French and Spanish soldiers, Y comes from the berbers as well as Arabs and Iberians. Born in belgium, have british citizenship. Cousins are flemish...Beat that :smile:
Original post by AlphaWolfZ
Well my Belgian mother's parents are originally from a specific Moroccan ancestry which we will call X for short. My father is from another root called Y. X come from Scandinavians as well as the romans. Mixed with French and Spanish soldiers, Y comes from the berbers as well as Arabs and Iberians. Born in belgium, have british citizenship. Cousins are flemish...Beat that :smile:

Oh trust me... the ancestry on my dad's side is SO complicated, who knows what else got mixed up in there. We've never really kept track. As interesting as it all is. But a lot of people on dad's side wind up with grey, green, or blue eyes. I wasn't that lucky. Or unlucky... everyone with light eyes on his side ends up dying early.
Yeah, my cousins are half Welsh and half... whatever we are. :biggrin: But they live in Canada. Apparently lots of warriors and 'holy men' with 'special powers' on dad's side. Don't wanna mess with them...
Oh, apparently we have Arabs on dad's side too. I should probably add that my sister has Irish nationality. And British. So dual really. I guess I could get French citizenship but don't really want it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by fire_and_ice
A fan of Yara by any chance?

Nope
Where from South India? And yes, that is a pretty wild - but cool - mix.

Tell me about it. I'm not sure tbh, but I know both my mum and dad have ancestors from Pondicherry. Tamil Nadu, Telangana... don't know about the rest. And dad has a few from Goa. Go figure.
Half white (Italian, French, Spanish) and half black (Gambian Wolof, Senegalese Serer, Mauritanian Arab)

People have mistaken me for being full black, Polynesian, Filipino, Malagasy and part East Asian lol
(edited 8 years ago)
Tell me about it. I'm not sure tbh, but I know both my mum and dad have ancestors from Pondicherry. Tamil Nadu, Telangana... don't know about the rest. And dad has a few from Goa. Go figure.

I see! Do you speak any of the languages from there?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jedanselemyia
Half white (Italian, French, Spanish) and half black (Gambian Wolof, Senegalese Serer, Mauritanian Arab)

Such a cool mix
I see! Do you speak any of the languages from there? My mums from Hyderabad so I know my fair share of Urdu.

No, sadly. My great-grandparents were the Indian nationals. My mum and dad were born and brought up in Mauritius so we were brought up with that culture. Except mum spent some time in a boarding school in India and lived in Kerala for a bit. She also went to private school in England for a few years. Mauritians speak French, English, and creole. And I was born in France and lived there for 5 years so I can speak fluent French and English. I can't speak creole but I can understand it all. I think dad can speak a little Tamil though.

Quick Reply

Latest