The Student Room Group

Ocr ethics 2015 - conscience or meta ethics?

Was the 2nd question actually conscience or meta ethics?
I wrote about conscience but everyone else in the exam wrote about Meta Ethics

I think i really messed up?!
Reply 1
No don't worry - answering it from a conscience perspective is completely fine :h:

I answered it from a meta-ethics perspective and got worried when my friends said that they thought it was a conscience essay, but according to my ethics teacher an approach that focused on conscience or meta-ethics would be equally fine.

I would say that 'conscience' is just a name given to our understanding, knowledge and sense of the rightness and wrongness of actions, which is what meta-ethics discusses, so it's sort of two sides of the same coin, really
Reply 2
Oh thanks so much ! I've been so worried
I thought I'd lost 35+ marks :frown:
Reply 3
Yeah i was worried too because after the exam everyone was saying that it was about conscience :s-smilie: but I went to see my teacher and she said that you could focus on meta-ethics or conscience

It's weird that a question would be so open and able to be approached from two different topics - they've never done that before...

What other question did you do?
Ah thank God! I made the exact same thread because I came out of that exam and thought it was all over when someone told me it was actually Conscience (I answered Meta Ethics).
did anyone answer that businessss question thooooooo :biggrin:
Reply 6
No i answered meta/conscience and virtue ethics :h:
Its bad that they made q2 so unclear cuz it just stressed everyone out
Reply 7
Original post by Zeldork
Yeah i was worried too because after the exam everyone was saying that it was about conscience :s-smilie: but I went to see my teacher and she said that you could focus on meta-ethics or conscience

It's weird that a question would be so open and able to be approached from two different topics - they've never done that before...

What other question did you do?

I did natural law/environmental ethics
And the conscience or meta ethics

What about you?
Ah yay, so glad you could write able either cus I did conscience and everyone else did meta ethics!
the business one looked easy if i had revised business :O

Quick Reply

Latest