The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

The Official 'Ask BCU' Thread for 2015/2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Birmingham City University
We shall be in touch with you in due course. When did you apply?

2 months ago. I just wanted to check that this was normal.

Thanks.
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by little_lettuce
2 months ago. I just wanted to check that this was normal.

Thanks.

There's no need to worry. You can always email [email protected] when in doubt.
There's no need to worry. You can always email [email protected] when in doubt.

Thank you for your help. Funnily enough, I did receive an unconditional offer from yourselves late last night (which I have accepted).
Thank you for your help. Funnily enough, I did receive an unconditional offer from yourselves late last night (which I have accepted).

Congratulations! See you in September.
Reply 64
Hiya I would like to now if I am offered an unconditional offer does that mean I have been accepted?
Well I messed up.

I didn't realise I had to purchase 2 guest tickets before the 8th of December for my parents to be able to see me graduate.

I really wanted my parents to come see me graduating now I'm not even sure if I want to go to the ceremony.

Do you think there are still tickets available?
Can somebody please tell me when is Fresher's Week? 1-7 september?
Original post by Mihai Halmi
Can somebody please tell me when is Fresher's Week? 1-7 september?

From what I can make out from the website, BCU term starts w/c 26 September and fresher's week is usually the week before.
From what I can make out from the website, BCU term starts w/c 26 September and fresher's week is usually the week before.

Oh thank you, but UCAS tells me the course starts on 1 september. And the accommodation starts from around 14 september i think
Reply 69
Hello folks,

I wonder if someone is able to help. I completed the application form as an International Student to study for ACCA nearly a month ago. I was asked to provide pdf copies of my Indian educational Marks Sheets and Certificates, which I did by accessing mySRS portal as advised by BCU. As a result, I was offered an “Unconditional Offer” to join the course. Neither, since the firm acceptance of the offer, BCU has been in touch with me asking for further documentary evidence nor to conduct any telephone or Skype interviews. It’s nearly three weeks since I accepted the offer and they have not advised me if and when they intend to issue me with a CAS letter. I have emailed on a couple of occasions but no one has been in touch with me. I am at a loss to understand the reason for the delay, as I would require plenty of time to apply for the VISA and wrap up my affairs at my home town prior to my departure if I am successful in acquiring the VISA. My application number is 15150938 and my email address is [personal details removed]. Can someone please help or provide me with the details of the higher authorities at BCU in order to obtain satisfactory answers? I would be immensely grateful.

Nupur
Reply 70
Hi everyone,

Welcome to the official 'Ask BCU' thread for 2015/2016. As the title suggests, this thread is for you to ask us anything you want! Whether you have questions about our courses, student life, living in Birmingham, our facilities or any worries you may have about coming to university- the team and our student ambassadors are here to answer them :smile:

So don't be shy and ask way!

The BCU Team

PS- If you have any questions about your accommodation application, please email [email protected]

Thanks!

Hi My name is Sam and I'm new to the student forum so sorry if I have got onto the wrong thread.
I applied through UCAS to do Mental Health Nursing starting in January 2017, unfortunately I didn't get on so I booked to go abroad to look after my Gran ( she is terminal and the whole family are taking it in turns to look after her). in the mean time my work place has asked Health Care Assistants if they wanted to apply to do nursing through them I jumped at the chance and thankfully got on. I didn't realise till this morning when I was looking at some documents that I will have to start in September. which is when I will be away for a month. I think the course actually starts September 28th, and I will be back in the country 12th October. I have tried to cancel the trip but I cant get any of my money back if that was the case and is it was over £800 for the ticket it would be a lot of money to loose and more importantly I might not get to see my Gran again. So I'm really worried that because I might be off for two weeks I am unable to start. sorry if this is to much information. could you offer any help or advice?
Tia Sam.
Reply 71
hi i just wanted to ask if i did a foundation year in health and life sciences would i be able to apply for radiography or midwifery if i had the correct work experience on top of this.
Original post by sabzz123
hi i just wanted to ask if i did a foundation year in health and life sciences would i be able to apply for radiography or midwifery if i had the correct work experience on top of this.

Hey there!

Did you want to start these courses in September 2016, or next year? I'm afraid both of these courses are now full for 2016, but will be open again for 2017 entry.

Take a look at the entry requirements tab for these courses:
BSc (Hons) Midwifery
BSc (Hons) Radiography

All the best!

BCU team :smile:
I have a question. I basically got rejected from BCU to do Diagnostic Radiography. I applied through clearing to Coventry University to do Biomedical Science. However I can reapply to BCU next year to do Diagnostic Radiography but I have to do an access course in science at a college for a year and get 60 points and what not in order to reapply. I just want to know which is better to do, I mean I was really really keen in doing Radiography, i've done a placement and everything but just didnt get accepted. The main reason why i dont wanna wait till next year to reapply is bc I have to do another year at college and thats like a waste somehow, whereas if I was to do Bio Med I would be going uni this september. Someone please help and give me advice please x
Reply 74
Hey there!

Did you want to start these courses in September 2016, or next year? I'm afraid both of these courses are now full for 2016, but will be open again for 2017 entry.

Take a look at the entry requirements tab for these courses:
BSc (Hons) Midwifery
BSc (Hons) Radiography

All the best!

BCU team :smile:

Hi i would like to start it in 2017 but is the health and life science foundation year which I have been offered at coventry uni be appropriate to help me get in to radiography .
Original post by sabzz123
Hi i would like to start it in 2017 but is the health and life science foundation year which I have been offered at coventry uni be appropriate to help me get in to radiography .

I believe this is the kind of access course that is accepted for these courses, yes. But for more information about this, I'd suggest speaking to admissions, you can email [email protected]

All the best,

BCU
Reply 76
I believe this is the kind of access course that is accepted for these courses, yes. But for more information about this, I'd suggest speaking to admissions, you can email [email protected]

All the best,

BCU

Thank you so much I really appreciate it .
Hi,
I have got a place at BCU for Bsc in psychology after my results for enrolment in September 2016 but the problem is I haven't received a letter or email stating when they course officially begins or starts. Could you please inform me of when I have to attend there course. Thanks
Reply 78
Hi everyone,

Welcome to the official 'Ask BCU' thread for 2015/2016. As the title suggests, this thread is for you to ask us anything you want! Whether you have questions about our courses, student life, living in Birmingham, our facilities or any worries you may have about coming to university- the team and our student ambassadors are here to answer them :smile:

So don't be shy and ask way!

The BCU Team

PS- If you have any questions about your accommodation application, please email [email protected]

Thanks!

Hello 😊 I was just wondering when do we find out the official start dates/move in dates? I am doing Primary ed and have also been accepted for accomodation. However, I am unaware of set dates when it all begins. Thank you!
Original post by LMDTOP
Hello 😊 I was just wondering when do we find out the official start dates/move in dates? I am doing Primary ed and have also been accepted for accomodation. However, I am unaware of set dates when it all begins. Thank you!

Hey,

Welcome Week officially starts from the 19th September but you should receive an email shortly containing more information about online enrollment. Once you've enrolled you'll then find out more about official start dates and should be able to view your timetable.

Your accommodation should confirm with you a move in date, which should be from whenever your contract starts, but if you haven't heard this yet, email them directly at [email protected]

We look forward to you joining us in September and hope you're excited!

The BCU team :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending