The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Birmingham City University Help

I am currently doing International MBA at Birmingham City University. I study at the city center campus at the Curzon building. If anyone needs any advice or help regarding Business school, postgrad at BCU, the faculty, MBA, Curzon, the campus, and generally about BCU, I would be glad if I could offer some help.

Stay Safe!

- L.
Hello, thanks for your kind help. I would love to be helped in the area of why choose BCU and why consider BCU over other universities as I have my interview on Thursday.
Thanks
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by KelvinObi23
Hello, thanks for your kind help. I would love to be helped in the area of why choose BCU and why consider BCU over other universities as I have my interview on Thursday.
Thanks

I chose BCU for Birmingham really. Birmingham was a good place for my skillset (Mechanical Engineering), and Birmingham is a diverse place with a good geographic location, close to London, and is close to many other towns. I would take that approach to start the answer. Then, I would go on to narrow from the three universities in Birmingham to BCU. For me, the reality was that I couldn't get accepted in Aston and UoB. However, BCU is good in especially that, I think because of that there is a greater chance of making a good network with professors, and you can say that to them. Aston and UoB can often have large batches and a mechanical teaching style. BCU is a good place to develop relationships with lecturers and tutors. Additionally, it is a good place to explore academia as there are plenty of opportunities. BCU also has the lowest fee of the lot.

That being said for the formal answer, I wouldn't say it's all a bed of roses. It has its own downsides as well, as I believe are there for every university.
Okay bro thanks. I really appreciate. Actually this is a second chance interview as they stated I need to re-explain more as why I choose BCU and why I choose it over other universities then my finance and if I considered any other countries. I’m coming from Nigeria and I really want to take this next step in life.
Reply 4
Okay bro thanks. I really appreciate. Actually this is a second chance interview as they stated I need to re-explain more as why I choose BCU and why I choose it over other universities then my finance and if I considered any other countries. I’m coming from Nigeria and I really want to take this next step in life.

Anytime. Would love to be of help.
What's your background like? experience/academic?
Linking that specifically to Birmingham, UK, and BCU would be helpful to make it more engaging. Also, the course you are going for, try to align it. whether it's postgrad or undergrad. follow this path How your background/interest match with course, then
Go for how ti related to the UK (vaguely general, such as mine was cuz UK was bedrock of management and reputed) , then to Birmingham, then next to BCU itself. This should help you!

Would love to be of any help if needed,
God bless

- L.
Thanks

You can ask me anything about this place. Please avoid BCU, the place is disgusting. Check on glassdoor the negative reviews. The positive reviews on there look fake too and it appears they are adding them to cover up the negative ones. Do not be mislead by their marketing, it is not all garden and roses. I am currently writing up a negative review about my time there but need to add more details to it as it is just a bit short but will be adding a thread on here. It is honestly, just a bottom feeder University.
Original post by shamirali786
You can ask me anything about this place. Please avoid BCU, the place is disgusting. Check on glassdoor the negative reviews. The positive reviews on there look fake too and it appears they are adding them to cover up the negative ones. Do not be mislead by their marketing, it is not all garden and roses. I am currently writing up a negative review about my time there but need to add more details to it as it is just a bit short but will be adding a thread on here. It is honestly, just a bottom feeder University.

You have literally copied and pasted this answer and posted it on every post that has asked about BCU. You worked here as an IT tech and you sound triggered. Did they fire you? Why are you so bothered about them and feel the need to blast them all over this forum?
Original post by Anonymous
You have literally copied and pasted this answer and posted it on every post that has asked about BCU. You worked here as an IT tech and you sound triggered. Did they fire you? Why are you so bothered about them and feel the need to blast them all over this forum?

Hi Anonymous, Why you hiding ? Truth hurting ya? I am not blasting them, I have just scratched the surface and my blog and book will provide what really goes on in that place. Clearly, I am not the one who sounds triggered here; I just thought I would share how they unfairly treat people and that they do the opposite of fairness and equality. They preach diversity and all these other bells and whistle but have failed to deliver. This is demonstrated in the negative reviews they are trying to cover up on glassdoor.
Original post by shamirali786
Hi Anonymous, Why you hiding ? Truth hurting ya? I am not blasting them, I have just scratched the surface and my blog and book will provide what really goes on in that place. Clearly, I am not the one who sounds triggered here; I just thought I would share how they unfairly treat people and that they do the opposite of fairness and equality. They preach diversity and all these other bells and whistle but have failed to deliver. This is demonstrated in the negative reviews they are trying to cover up on glassdoor.

"my blog & book"... mate no one cares.
Original post by Anonymous
"my blog & book"... mate no one cares.

Our blog & book now mate. You care since you have responded which means the world to me. Thank you. I will also be posting vlogs on youtube. xxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending