The Student Room Group

can I do a 1 year btec course in year 13?

I currently do 3 as levels and I am thinking about taking a one year btec course next year. Would this work out?
Yes, you can do a 1 year BTEC course.

I think you will achieve a subsidiary diploma at the end of it. But, seeing that you're already doing 3 A-Levels, it might be extra hassle for you to do a BTEC as well, because it's 100% coursework with various deadlines to meet.

Are you fully determined to do this BTEC?

Would you be able to handle it amongst 3 A-Levels?

Do you have time to do this BTEC?

Your other subjects need more attention, since A-Levels is not easy to manage and you need to get decent grades for university.

It's up to you. But, if you want to do s BTEC because it will help you towards your future career, then go for it.

However, if you're just doing it for UCAS points then I suggest that you focus solely on your 3 A-Levels and forget BTEC.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by username1229433
Yes, you can do a 1 year BTEC course.

I think you will achieve a subsidiary diploma at the end of it. But, seeing that you're already doing 3 A-Levels, it might be extra hassle for you to do a BTEC as well, because it's 100% coursework with various deadlines to meet.

Are you fully determined to do this BTEC?

Would you be able to handle it amongst 3 A-Levels?

Do you have time to do this BTEC?

Your other subjects need more attention, since A-Levels is not easy to manage and you need to get decent grades for university.

It's up to you. But, if you want to do s BTEC because it will help you towards your future career, then go for it.

However, if you're just doing it for UCAS points then I suggest that you focus solely on your 3 A-Levels and forget BTEC.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Does this still get you a subsidiary diploma. I'm thinking of dropping one of my 3 alevels for a Btec in year 13 as my predicted is AAD

Quick Reply

Latest