The Student Room Group

I don’t think I’m gonna pass my Btecs

Hi,

I don’t think I’m going to pass any of my qualifications I’m really upset and stressed and worried about the future. It has taken an extensive toll on my mental health and I am seeing a college counsellor.

I’m in year 13 and about to finish but what options do I have if I fail? Can I resit things? I just don’t know what to do with myself anymore.

Thank you for your replies
Original post by Jacob1617
Hi,

I don’t think I’m going to pass any of my qualifications I’m really upset and stressed and worried about the future. It has taken an extensive toll on my mental health and I am seeing a college counsellor.

I’m in year 13 and about to finish but what options do I have if I fail? Can I resit things? I just don’t know what to do with myself anymore.

Hi,

What BTEC subjects are you doing? Level 3 or level 2? It’ll most likely be fine. BTEC grades are calculated from year 1 and 2 they aren’t like A levels, if you did really well in year 12 but then ended up not doing so well in year 13 you can still probably get away with good grades. You can ask your BTEC teacher what grade track you are on and they’ll let you see.

If you are on the passing side of it all then it’ll be okay most unis still take BTEC students with PPM/MMP/MMM/PPP depends on the degree you want to do. I wouldn’t stress a whole lot about failing since nothing is set in stone. What unis did you apply to?

If you fear that you don’t even have a passing grade then taking a gap year is the wisest decision because you can then focus more on yourself and what you want to do or you could also take a CertHE course that progresses to a full time degree,, I knew someone that did that when they didn’t do so well in their A-levels there are always alternatives so don’t worry too much about it.:smile:

Hope this helped! :h:
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by jxlne
Hi,

What BTEC subjects are you doing? Level 3 or level 2? It’ll most likely be fine. BTEC grades are calculated from year 1 and 2 they aren’t like A levels, if you did really well in year 12 but then ended up not doing so well in year 13 you can still probably get away with good grades. You can ask your BTEC teacher what grade track you are on and they’ll let you see.

If you are on the passing side of it all then it’ll be okay most unis still take BTEC students with PPM/MMP/MMM/PPP depends on the degree you want to do. I wouldn’t stress a whole lot about failing since nothing is set in stone. What unis did you apply to?

If you fear that you don’t even have a passing grade then taking a gap year is the wisest decision because you can then focus more on yourself and what you want to do or you could also take a CertHE course that progresses to a full time degree,, I knew someone that did that when they didn’t do so well in their A-levels there are always alternatives so don’t worry too much about it.:smile:

Hope this helped! :h:

Firstly, thank you so much for your reply

I’m doing level 3: criminology, computing and business.

I don’t care about uni that much since I don’t have much motivation anymore. I just want to pass and I worry of the consequences of failing… that’s all.
Reply 3
Original post by Jacob1617
Hi,

i feel your pain. Im in that situation for IT as ive only got a pass and a near pass in it and this is my last re sit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending