The Student Room Group

Sixthform to college

Hi!
I wanted to ask if anyone knows if you can move from sixth-form to college and continue with your course. Here's a scenario. Im a year 12 doing a BTEC level 3 course in Applied science National diploma (worth only 2 levels) and ive been stressing as thats the only subject im doing if i dont get a D*D* i won't be able to get into the uni i want to, so ive been looking at colleges, as they have Extended diplomas.

I understand i won't be able to move at this moment because its too far into the academic year, but i was wondering if i move at the start of year 13 will i be able to go college and carry on and do a extended diploma, or would i have to restart by doing the course again from year 1, if that makes sense - sorry if it sounds confusing im just really stressing.

If anyone has some info i would really appreciate it! :smile:
Original post by sairastara
Hi!
I wanted to ask if anyone knows if you can move from sixth-form to college and continue with your course. Here's a scenario. Im a year 12 doing a BTEC level 3 course in Applied science National diploma (worth only 2 levels) and ive been stressing as thats the only subject im doing if i dont get a D*D* i won't be able to get into the uni i want to, so ive been looking at colleges, as they have Extended diplomas.

I understand i won't be able to move at this moment because its too far into the academic year, but i was wondering if i move at the start of year 13 will i be able to go college and carry on and do a extended diploma, or would i have to restart by doing the course again from year 1, if that makes sense - sorry if it sounds confusing im just really stressing.

If anyone has some info i would really appreciate it! :smile:

All colleges choose how they deliver, and in which order they deliver the coursework units , and some have learners take exams in first year and others in second year. If you want to switch and join in Year 2, you will need to find a college that has done the same units and exams that your Sixth form has done in Year 1. That is why a number of colleges don't like taking 'transfers in'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending