The Student Room Group

CompTIA A+ Qualification

Hi,

I am currently undertaking a degree in Computing and after undertaking some work experience for about a year I feel that it would be beneficial to invest some of my income into a worthwhile course.

I want to work where I am working after I graduate, however I have not made this clear or aware to them yet.

Anyways, back to the subject. I like diagnosing PCs and I have been doing it as a hobby for years. Upon doing some research I came across the CompTIA A+. Now is it worth investing £900 for a course with a CompTIA A+ qualification at the end?

What sort of job could you get with a CompTIA A+ qualification?
It might have changed a little since I did my one about 12 years ago. But there's no requirement to take one of the courses you can simply buy a text book and then book the exams. This will be much cheaper, it certainly isn't worth £900 and won't get you into a job.

Bare in mind many IT jobs there's not much hardware stuff, PCs are fairly reliable these days and also quite cheap. Many companies will either get a box fixed under warranty or replace it.

I would instead look at the Microsoft certifications and also cisco's networking courses.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending