The Student Room Group

Women should not weightlift that is for men

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3158695/Woman-collapses-lift-attempt-women-s-53kg-weightlifting-Pan-Games-Oshawa.html

I was reading the above article on the dailyfail and the comments really got to me. People saying that women should not be weightlifting or that it's not a good look is a completely idiotic point of view. The health benefits gained from lifting weights are numerous that is for both men and women. Why do people love to comment on things they know nothing about. It highlights a wider issue that exists in the fitness industry that there are sports that are reserved for individual sexes.
I agree, until it starts reaching extremes, you know where they can't walk properly and all developed the same jaw. That is not a good look, for either sex.
Muscly women look gross imo.
Women who lift are attractive; not only aesthetically, but also because they have the focus and desire to better themselves. Bugger complacency.

Example: https://instagram.com/geo_antoinette/
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Maybe, just maybe they aren't weight lifting to give you a hard on.

Maybe they enjoy it?

I know right, crazy ****ing thought.
Reply 5
In reference to the article I'm not a fan of women that squat because their asses and thighs become too big for my liking.

That being said I absolutely agree with you. Both in saying that women should compete at such a level if they wish and also because I disagree with the comments. The bodies of women who workout are very hot. I love a woman with abs.
The Dailymail is renowned for having traditional (/sexist) middle-class readers.

I have lifted in the past, and it made me feel good (I am female). If a woman wants to lift, she can. Men saying they don't want a woman to lift is probably because they are intimidated by a strong woman.
If they don't harm others, people should be able to do whatever they damn please to their own bodies. None of our business or the business of Daily Rag readers.
lifting is a trait of alpha- women

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending