The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Unconditional Offer complications... HELP!

So I have an Unconditional to study English Language and Creative Writing at Westminster. I applied with a Certificate of Higher Education in Creative Writing, however, I stressed that I was only halfway through the course, having completed 60 out of the required 120 credits.

So I accepted the Unconditional, and all was fine until I pre-enrolled. After the pre-enrollment, it said I needed to bring my CertHE to the enrollment day in September.

The issue is, is that I am 10 credits short as my current Uni cancelled my last course! I can't get my qualification, and I have been asked to prove the qualification! I am in a bit of a mess as it seems the Uni thought I had the qualification already, even though I had stressed that I had just started the 2nd year of study.

I have sent an email back to the admissions team explaining the issue, but the woman is out until the 21st July. I may phone as this is quite urgent. But I was wondering if anyone has any advice? I realise that this isn't a common issue, but I really hope someone knows something!
Hi Eevee!

Your situation sounds stressful! Like you said, it is admissions that you need to speak to. Have you emailed your admissions tutor directly? Her name is Helena Clark and her email is [email protected]. You could ring her too - if you ring our normal number (0207 915 5511) ask for Helena's extension, it's 64184. Hopefully we can get this sorted today!

Let me know if I can help with anything.

Rosie :smile:
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by UniWestminster
Hi Eevee!

Your situation sounds stressful! Like you said, it is admissions that you need to speak to. Have you emailed your admissions tutor directly? Her name is Helena Clark and her email is [email protected]. You could ring her too - if you ring our normal number (0207 915 5511) ask for Helena's extension, it's 64184. Hopefully we can get this sorted today!

Let me know if I can help with anything.

I have already emailed Helena, but she is away until the 21st July. I phoned the office but they said that Helena is the only person who can help.

This is extremely stressful as unless I get into Westminster I have no other offers due to the fact I accepted an Unconditional. I should still be accepted as I have never misinformed the University. Being 10 credits short is something I never planned on happening.

I am also a disabled student, and on the 20th July have to travel 7 hours by coach to the University for an appointment with the Learning Support team on the 21st. If my offer is revoked, then I have put myself in extreme pain for no reason. So I would have preffered an answer this week.

I have tried everything to gain my last 10 credits, and I have averaged out at a high 2:1 for all my courses. I have waited years to get into Uni, and it does seem like I won't be able to. Had I other options, I wouldn't be as stressed, but as Westminster is the only Uni I can get into since my final 10 credits were cancelled, this is my last hope of further education.
Original post by eeveehoward
I have already emailed Helena, but she is away until the 21st July. I phoned the office but they said that Helena is the only person who can help.

This is extremely stressful as unless I get into Westminster I have no other offers due to the fact I accepted an Unconditional. I should still be accepted as I have never misinformed the University. Being 10 credits short is something I never planned on happening.

I am also a disabled student, and on the 20th July have to travel 7 hours by coach to the University for an appointment with the Learning Support team on the 21st. If my offer is revoked, then I have put myself in extreme pain for no reason. So I would have preffered an answer this week.

I have tried everything to gain my last 10 credits, and I have averaged out at a high 2:1 for all my courses. I have waited years to get into Uni, and it does seem like I won't be able to. Had I other options, I wouldn't be as stressed, but as Westminster is the only Uni I can get into since my final 10 credits were cancelled, this is my last hope of further education.

Hi Eevee,

I'm sorry you're in this situation. I've just been making some phone calls and there is someone else who might be able to look into it for you. Could you direct message me your applicant ID so I can find out some more? Then we can give you a ring.

Rosie

(If you haven't already you should have a phone call shortly!)
Reply 5
Original post by UniWestminster
(If you haven't already you should have a phone call shortly!)

I have received the phone call. Many thanks for all the help, my offer is still in place.Very relieved!

Again, thank you :smile:
I have received the phone call. Many thanks for all the help, my offer is still in place.Very relieved!

Again, thank you :smile:

Fantastic news, what a relief!

Congratulations on the offer, we look forward to welcoming you in September!

Hi everyone,
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending