The Student Room Group

Biochemistry Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chloemcnally
I got one from Kings College but I wouldn't worry too much as they have gave quite a few people quick offers! Where have you applied? :smile:

I've applied to Cambridge, St Andrews, Edinburgh, Imperial and Warwick. I would have thought Warwick should have got back to me by now seeing as they make offers really quickly but maybe it depends on departments... How about you? :smile:
Original post by TheFroyoBear
I've applied to Cambridge, St Andrews, Edinburgh, Imperial and Warwick. I would have thought Warwick should have got back to me by now seeing as they make offers really quickly but maybe it depends on departments... How about you? :smile:

Sounds fab! Yeah my friend got an offer from Warwick really quickly but that's for computer science, so maybe it is to do with departments. I've applied to Imperial too! They take ages to reply though haha. My others are Bristol, Bath, Kings and Queen Mary's :smile:
Reply 42
Universities applying to: Nottingham, Sheffield, Newcastle, Swansea, Belfast
Extra curriculars: General volunteering, GP work experience, science club, reading around biochemistry
Future plans: Not a clue to be honest - maybe stay on for a PhD and get a job in research

I still haven't sent off my application, I just can't seem to get my personal statement right :ashamed2:
I'm applying to unis with a mix of different entry requirements just I case I mess up, so I have something to fall back on... Hopefully that won't happen lol
Has anybody got offers for biochemistry yet?? I'm becoming slightly (unjustifiably) impatient... :smile:

I applied for Cambridge, UCL, Imperial, Edinburgh, and KCL. Got a KCL offer several days after applying!
Original post by koweja
Universities applying to: Nottingham, Sheffield, Newcastle, Swansea, Belfast
Extra curriculars: General volunteering, GP work experience, science club, reading around biochemistry
Future plans: Not a clue to be honest - maybe stay on for a PhD and get a job in research

I still haven't sent off my application, I just can't seem to get my personal statement right :ashamed2:
I'm applying to unis with a mix of different entry requirements just I case I mess up, so I have something to fall back on... Hopefully that won't happen lol

Sheffield! :five:

As for the PS, just be yourself :yep:
Has anybody got offers for biochemistry yet?? I'm becoming slightly (unjustifiably) impatient... :smile:

I've got one from York! :awesome:
Reply 46
Hi fellow biochemists!!

Universities applying too: herts, ucl, kings, queen may and royal holloway
Extra curricular: work experience charity shop, reaaadingg and more :tongue:
Future Plans: hopefully i'll become a research scientist & I would love to work with cancer
Original post by _bob_
Hi fellow biochemists!!

Universities applying too: herts, ucl, kings, queen may and royal holloway
Extra curricular: work experience charity shop, reaaadingg and more :tongue:
Future Plans: hopefully i'll become a research scientist & I would love to work with cancer

Hey, welcome to the thread!
quick question...do universities in england give out unconditionals?
quick question...do universities in england give out unconditionals?

Not with A-Levels pending :smile:

A low offer is usually based on UCAS points
Thought I'd join this thread since I've sent my UCAS off, applying for biochemistry!
My AS's were terrible but with a lot of work and dedication this year I'll get the grades *fingers crossed*
Predicted AAB/ABB
I've applied for:
York
Sheffield
Surrey
Leeds
Liverpool john moores (back up) and I've been given a conditional offer for that!
Original post by enaayrah
Not with A-Levels pending :smile:

A low offer is usually based on UCAS points

Yeah it seems so...I was half hoping for an unconditional from Warwick but that never happened - I got a conditional for AA ... I was perhaps being naïve :smile:
Original post by Ellie674
Thought I'd join this thread since I've sent my UCAS off, applying for biochemistry!
My AS's were terrible but with a lot of work and dedication this year I'll get the grades *fingers crossed*
Predicted AAB/ABB
I've applied for:
York
Sheffield
Surrey
Leeds
Liverpool john moores (back up) and I've been given a conditional offer for that!

Welcome fellow biochemist... :biggrin: I think enaayrah applied to a couple of your choices as well...
Predicted AAB/ABB
I've applied for:
York
Sheffield
Surrey
Leeds

Oooh I've applied for York and Sheffield too :biggrin:
Best of luck!

Yeah it seems so...I was half hoping for an unconditional from Warwick but that never happened - I got a conditional for AA ... I was perhaps being naïve :smile:

I was hoping for an unconditional from Manchester :lol:
Oooh I've applied for York and Sheffield too :biggrin:
Best of luck!

I was hoping for an unconditional from Manchester :lol:

Have you had offers from either of them yet?
Have you had offers from either of them yet?

I got an offer from York just yesterday

Got invited to interview in Manchester just now :tongue:

Manchester interview?!
Manchester interview?!

Yeah