The Student Room Group

Can I apply to the same uni through clearing???

So I have an offer from Queen Mary for biochemistry and it’s AAB. I also saw that you can apply to biochemistry at Queen Mary through clearing and the entry requirements are BBB.
I was thinking if I miss my offer could I apply again for the same thing through clearing if my grades meet BBB?
I know it sounds like a loophole but it would be unfair if I wasn’t allowed right?? Since other students can apply for the same thing with lower grades?
Original post by Whynot3
So I have an offer from Queen Mary for biochemistry and it’s AAB. I also saw that you can apply to biochemistry at Queen Mary through clearing and the entry requirements are BBB.
I was thinking if I miss my offer could I apply again for the same thing through clearing if my grades meet BBB?
I know it sounds like a loophole but it would be unfair if I wasn’t allowed right?? Since other students can apply for the same thing with lower grades?

Most likely if you miss your offer your will be considered as a near miss applicant, and if they anticipate they will have places in clearing and you meet or exceed any lowered requirements (somewhat unusual to have in the first place I think), they would probably just accept you as a near miss applicant before it even came to clearing. A bird in the hand etc, as far as the uni is concerned.
Original post by Whynot3

If you are rejected by a university they are not going to let you in. Time to look elsewhere.

However universities regularly accept student with dropped grades. It depends on the numbers who meet their offers. If a university does not fill its places then they look at students who have applied there and missed their grades. They would prefer to take a student who wants to go there than somebody through clearing. If they are accepting BBB in clearing they will have accepted you with BBB. It is in the universities interest to accept as many as possible from the original intake rather than risk not filling places through clearing
Reply 3
Original post by Whynot3

The situation won't arise where you will have to apply to them through Clearing.

If they are accepting new applicants with BBB, they will also accept their existing applicants who get BBB in their A levels results, even if their original offer was AAB.

I'm assuming here that you obtain BBB in the required A level subjects as well as grades they are asking for in Clearing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending