The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

waiting long for the answer from the university - is it normal?

Hi guys, I have one question because I'm getting worried about my place at the university of leeds. I'm polish student and I had applied for Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies, then I got a conditional offer and made this offer my first choice.
I took my final exams in May, got my results on 30th of June and I sent an email to the university , they asked me to translate my results into English and send them scanned version of that and also to send it by post to the university address.
I did what they asked me for, I was following my mail on the internet and I saw that the letter was delivered in Leeds over 2 weeks ago.Since then I got no answer from them, I sent 2 e-mails, first they answered me that everything looks great (that was after sending scanned version) so they're looking for getting my results, and one week ago when I got a little bit nervous they answered me that they will get in touch with me again very soon.

I know that Brittish students are getting their exam results in August, so maybe then they will respond me ? I received better exam results than they had required from me (while giving me an offer) so I wasn't so much worried about it all, but now it's almost one month since they got my exam results and I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I'd really like to know that I have this place as soon as it's possible, I have many things to do before leaving for Leeds(for example I want to book my flight now, prices are lower while booking in advance etc.), but I can't do anything till I'm not sure about it.

Has anyone experienced something like that?
(edited 8 years ago)
Why don't you just ring them and ask them?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Quick Reply

Latest