The Student Room Group

stressing about uni place...

Hi, some of my friends have already started getting offers (multiple) for their application but I haven't. this is very much playing with my self-esteem and confidence. does anyone know whether accounting and finance is a particularly difficult/competitive degree to get offers for? as in more so than philosophy or english lit...
Reply 1
it depends on when and where you applied. If you havent got any yet its not a worry since a lot of unis do mass offers around about the deadline. just because you get an offer later doesnt mean your less likely to get in, it just means theres a lot of applications to that specific uni. just out of curiosity what degree are you doing and where did you apply? im applying for aerospace at manchester,liverpool,uclan,sheffield and hallam. ive got some 3 offers but they only came recently and i applied long ago which also stressed me out.
Reply 2
The majority of Uni offers are not made until after the January deadline - and will continue to be made right up to April/May.
There are thousands of people still waiting for decisions and this is totally normal. Yes, its frustrating but like everyone else you will just have to hang on on there and wait.....
This isnt really the answer. Humanities are not that popular at the moment but it often depends on the popularity of the university and course. if a course is not likely to reach the required numbers then universities make offers or rejections quickly. However if they are not sure they might deay until after the equal opportunities deadline and some for popular universities and courses dont reply until May.

There is nothing to worry about not receiving offers yet. It isnt a race and look on it you are not an obvious rejection or that would have been made quickly. It might well be the courses you have chosen are very competitive and you might have wait for a reply.
Reply 4
Original post by Husnain113
it depends on when and where you applied. If you havent got any yet its not a worry since a lot of unis do mass offers around about the deadline. just because you get an offer later doesnt mean your less likely to get in, it just means theres a lot of applications to that specific uni. just out of curiosity what degree are you doing and where did you apply? im applying for aerospace at manchester,liverpool,uclan,sheffield and hallam. ive got some 3 offers but they only came recently and i applied long ago which also stressed me out.

Hi, I applied back in mid-november for Accounting and Finance at newcastle, durham, reading, glasgow and LSE
Original post by HoltsJ
Hi, I applied back in mid-november for Accounting and Finance at newcastle, durham, reading, glasgow and LSE

Durham and LSE in particular are well known for being slow and you might well end up not hearing until May. Scottish universities tend to slow also. Dont know about the other 2 but I suspect if you might the entry requirements you will likely get offers there.
Reply 6
Original post by swanseajack1
Durham and LSE in particular are well known for being slow and you might well end up not hearing until May. Scottish universities tend to slow also. Dont know about the other 2 but I suspect if you might the entry requirements you will likely get offers there.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS! those are the ones that i haven't heard back from yet. The other two I haven't got offers from yet but I applied for a course that's slightly different (all sorts of things I have to do as well as UCAS because it's a partnership programme with an accounting firm) so the process is different as well and I have heard back from them so thats SUCH a relief thank you!
Original post by HoltsJ
Hi, some of my friends have already started getting offers (multiple) for their application but I haven't. this is very much playing with my self-esteem and confidence. does anyone know whether accounting and finance is a particularly difficult/competitive degree to get offers for? as in more so than philosophy or english lit...

Unis have until May to make offers.

Don't worry about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending