The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
are you mad, i can't stand PE, and I'm as skinny as a lampost. I get enough exercise actually doing things I enjoy!
Reply 21
PE should be available, but shouldn't be compulsary. it should definintely not be a compulsary academic subject.

Phil
Originally posted by PHIL
PE should be available, but shouldn't be compulsary. it should definintely not be a compulsary academic subject.

Phil

A Games lesson a week (non-certificating), should be enforced, to ensure that everyone gets some physical activity, just the chance to play basketball, football, volleyball, tennis, hockey - it would also provide a welcome break from the academic stuff that you have to take seriously.
Reply 23
When it get's to the time we get to decide subjects for future careers etc-eg GCSE, A LEVEL etc PE lessons should not be compulsary! I think far too many periods are wasted on compulsary PE, RE and PSE...Bah!
Reply 24
I agree with bith Expression and Egan. Sports is relaxing and a good brake from the stress of school etc, but re and pse and pe lessons in the weeks immediately preceeding exams can be seen as pointless, and not a good idea, as then time can be spent on revising. students should choose during that time whether or not to go or not, as some will want to go to relax, whilst others will rather revise.

Phil
Reply 25
yeah like I actually went to a single PE lesson for the last few months of school. In 6th form I think that you have the choice for yourself to go down to the sports yard for a kickabout, or whatever floats your boat.
Reply 26
I skipped of games for the last coupla weeks before the exam, but officially, our school won't let ya do this.

Phil

Latest

Trending

Trending