The Student Room Group

Help with MSc Economics application

Hi all !!

I'm currently studying Bachelor of Arts degree with an extended major in Economics at University of Queensland (which is one of G8 Universities in Australia) and I'm looking forward to doing MSc Economics next year.

My current GPA is 6.5/7 and right now I got 2 conditional offer from
1. Nottingham : asking for 5/7 upon graduation
2. Sheffield and Bristol : asking for 6/7 upon graduation

I'll be also applying to Durham / Bath / Birmingham / Liverpool / St.Andrews for the same course (MSc Economics).

Honestly Bristol is the place I've been dreaming of due to the highest reputation among others (and Durham followed by Nottingham respectively) but I'm really afraid of not being able to archive the required.

I'd be appreciated if anyone who has the experience of being able to get into the program with the grades a bit lower that the required one by using other test scores as a compensation.

Honestly I'm thinking of including my GRE scores with the application but I'm not sure if this would satisfy Bristol to be more lenient about the condition.
My GRE scores is as following

Verbal:141
Quantitative:167
Writing: 2.5

Any help would be much appreciated ^_^
Reply 1
I don't know anything about these courses in particular, but the general principle is that if there is a minimum requirement for entry to a graduate programme it will usually be enforced. However, there is nothing to stop you from emailing the admissions team to check their expectations with your particular qualifications and whether there is any room for maneouvre.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending