The Student Room Group

Is anyone about to sit the new GSCE?

Hi I'm just about to go into year 10, and I haven't been told much about the new GCES. Although I am aware it is only english and maths that is going to change for me, I know I am going to struggle just to scrape through for a pass of maths. I was just wondering if anyone has their opinions on the new GCES?
Reply 1
unfortuately you are going to be hit hard
i have finally finished yr 11 but now you guys are going to be really overworked

you are going to have to complete coursework that means nothing now to your overall grade
your exams are going to be much much much harder so there is effectively no point in doing past papers but just learning the techniques
and if you fail you have stay till you are 18 till you pass

just put your head down
listen in class
revise revise revise
and you will be ok
Original post by Annabel28301
Hi I'm just about to go into year 10, and I haven't been told much about the new GCES. Although I am aware it is only english and maths that is going to change for me, I know I am going to struggle just to scrape through for a pass of maths. I was just wondering if anyone has their opinions on the new GCES?

I'm also going into year 10, and yes they are changing the English and Maths GCSE's. They are going to be making them much harder; however in my school (idk about yours) we are going to be having extra lessons. The teachers will give you support, as they will want as many students as possible to pass. Ultimately you can always take the exams again (well you will have to if you don't pass) and if the exams are really hard, they will have to lower the grade boundaries other wise people will be very angry.

Quick Reply

Latest