The Student Room Group

How much do a levels cost?

Hi .I’m 19 year old .I want to study a level science. How much do they cost?
to sit they usually cost around 300. if you would like a tutor then the cost obviously varies, you could also buy a full time course for 2 years which also cost around 200-300 depending on the course you use. what a-level science subjects are you interested in? I took A-level Chemistry and Biology and achieved A*S in both, I could help you out if you like?
The exam entries themselves are usually not too much. Tuition is very variable depending how much is being offered and of what quality.

The most expensive part of taking A-level science subjects as an independent student is the science endorsement (practicals). These are normally required by most unis if you have taken A-level sciences, and can easily cost over £1000 per science. They also aren't always widely offered, so you may need to hunt around for a provider for them.

Depending what your aims are, a degree with a foundation year, or an Access to HE course, may be a better and cheaper option. However A-levels may be the better option in some circumstances still (e.g. a foundation year isn't available at the uni you want to go to, an Access to HE course isn't accepted for the course you want to apply to, etc).
Original post by Possumm8
to sit they usually cost around 300. if you would like a tutor then the cost obviously varies, you could also buy a full time course for 2 years which also cost around 200-300 depending on the course you use. what a-level science subjects are you interested in? I took A-level Chemistry and Biology and achieved A*S in both, I could help you out if you like?

Thank you. I want to study chemistry, biology and math. I come to this country last year and I have gsce certificate from my country and I checked it out for comparability to the uk qualification of gsce and they were all comparable to uk gsce except English. So I sat for gsce this year (math and English) I got grade 6 for both. I wanted to study a level science because I want to aim for a medical field in uni.

I really wanted so study a level and go to classes in near by college to where I live ( north London).
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by It’s meant to me
Thank you. I want to study chemistry, biology and math. I come to this country last year and I have gsce certificate from my country and I checked it out for comparability to the uk qualification of gsce and they were all comparable to uk gsce except English. So I sat for gsce this year (math and English) I got grade 6 for both. I wanted to study a level science because I want to aim for a medical field in uni.

I really wanted so study a level and go to classes in near by college to where I live ( north London).

do you want to study medicine or just a medical field?
do you want to study medicine or just a medical field?

Medcine
Original post by It’s meant to me
Medcine

Medicine is really competitive, I am not saying you can’t do it I think you definitely should try! But students applying for medicine usually have 8/9 for gcse and some universities even require 7 in maths for gcse so just make sure you look at entry requirements!
Hi,
I need to retake my A-level Chemistry and Biology in June 2023 and would like to achieve A*S. Any chance you still can help out?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by nextyearstudent
Hi,
I need to retake my A-level Chemistry and Biology in June 2023 and would like to achieve A*S. Any chance you still can help out?

Hello, sorry for the late reply I have not been on the student room lately, but I am still happy to help if youd like.
im looking to self teach alevel physics and chemistry. is that 300 to sit the exams as a private candidate? how about the practical endorsment? how was self teaching?

im looking to self teach alevel chemistry and physics. was it 300 to sit the exams as aprivate candidate? how about the practical endorsment? and what was it like self teaching?
Hello, sorry for the late reply I have not been on the student room lately, but I am still happy to help if youd like.

what are ur tips-
Reply 12
Hi just to add to this discussion, how does one go about doing alevels with coursework? I can't find a definite way to do so.

Quick Reply

Latest