The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 1
i asked this question a while back, i think the general response was you can leave whenever you want, however as registration is on the friday you must have a valid reason for leaving before then.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Yes, you need avalid reason, but my bf left early a couple of years ago for 'work' when he was really going to Roskilde (massive musice festival in Denmark) so you can get away with telling a teeny white lie.
Also remember you'll have to pay about £25 for early registration if you do decide to leave before the end of term.
Reply 3
when exactly is the best time to inform them that we will be going home to work? i suppose there will just be an email explaining everything?
Reply 4
if i get my glastonbury tickets i'll happily pay £25 to leave early...i swear this place is just out to get money from us- if we stay late in college or even after 10pm on the last day of term we have to pay, and now i have to pay to leave early?!?! lol. oh well! Thanks for the info though is v v v useful! x
Reply 5
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo

People are saying you'll have to spend money - if you're planning on leaving on the day before we actually break up there is NO CHANCE that you'll have registration then (I'm sure!!!)....it will be well before then!!

Though there is like a 1% chance I may be wrong, but I'm sure leaving a day before the actual end of term is not going to mess anything up! :smile:
dobbs
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo

People are saying you'll have to spend money - if you're planning on leaving on the day before we actually break up there is NO CHANCE that you'll have registration then (I'm sure!!!)....it will be well before then!!

Though there is like a 1% chance I may be wrong, but I'm sure leaving a day before the actual end of term is not going to mess anything up! :smile:

Mine was on the last day of term, or penultimate, for the last two years...
Reply 7
I definately had to register on the very last day of term last year. But as people have said, as long as you're willing to pay for early/late registration it's not a problem.
Reply 8
Really?

Ah poo :frown:

Sorry!! I didn't think it was that late....but then, I can't remember!! :redface:
Reply 9
Thanks everyone :-)

Latest