The Student Room Group

Anyone here done WJEC English Lit + Lang?

How'd you find it?
Is the coursework 40%? I forgot. I hope it is.
Original post by TimmyR
How'd you find it?
Is the coursework 40%? I forgot. I hope it is.

This A-level is changing from Sept 2015. The coursework will only be 20% and will be part of your final, A2 year.

The coursework has two parts. Section A is all about reading two prose that are the same in genres like crime. So you'd study a set text such as Wilkie's The Moonstone, and then have a partnered text like Mary E Braddon's Lady Audley's Secret for comparison. Section B is a non-fiction based coursework where it's split between two tasks. One is that you have to write in the same genre as Section A, whilst the other half is a non-fiction task.
Reply 2
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
This A-level is changing from Sept 2015. The coursework will only be 20% and will be part of your final, A2 year.

The coursework has two parts. Section A is all about reading two prose that are the same in genres like crime. So you'd study a set text such as Wilkie's The Moonstone, and then have a partnered text like Mary E Braddon's Lady Audley's Secret for comparison. Section B is a non-fiction based coursework where it's split between two tasks. One is that you have to write in the same genre as Section A, whilst the other half is a non-fiction task.

Okay thank you :smile:
But I've just completed AS 2014 entry, so the coursework is 40%?
Original post by TimmyR
Okay thank you :smile:
But I've just completed AS 2014 entry, so the coursework is 40%?

Your original post wasn't quite clear.

When you finish your A2 coursework, it will become 40%.
Reply 4
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
Your original post wasn't quite clear.

When you finish your A2 coursework, it will become 40%.

Sorry lol
Okay thank you that's great

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending