The Student Room Group

Remarking.

I worked out my UMS on my Psychology Unit 2 Paper [aqa], and it says I was 3 marks off a B [which shocked me, as I'd been working at a high A all year], is this worth spending the money to remark?
It depends. There are good outcomes with remarks for example a girl I know did philosophy and theology and she had an A in unit 1 and a U in unit 2 so she had a remark and the unit 2 changed from a U to an A grade. Clearly, the examiner was on drugs

And then you have bad outcomes which is me bc last year in AS English Lit I had a UMS of 95 which is a B and to get an A you needed a UMS of 96 so I got a remark and the examiner was so harsh and didn't give me that one extra mark which I'm sure you can find in an English exam.. so my grade didn't change

But I'm okay about that now bc althought I got a B overall in AS I managed to get an A in English overall for A2 bc I got an A* for the A2 exam so don't lose hope bc if your grade doesn't change then you can get higher in A2

Also there are times when they will mark you down so be careful I'd advise you not to get a remark is its closer to the grade below than the grade above
You'll get your money back either way, unfortunately I didn't 😂
Reply 2
Original post by lalalightwood
I worked out my UMS on my Psychology Unit 2 Paper [aqa], and it says I was 3 marks off a B [which shocked me, as I'd been working at a high A all year], is this worth spending the money to remark?

If you feel that you should of been awarded a higher grade then get it remarked. It is definitely worth it if your overall grade goes up.
Original post by jammy_dogers
It depends. There are good outcomes with remarks for example a girl I know did philosophy and theology and she had an A in unit 1 and a U in unit 2 so she had a remark and the unit 2 changed from a U to an A grade. Clearly, the examiner was on drugs

And then you have bad outcomes which is me bc last year in AS English Lit I had a UMS of 95 which is a B and to get an A you needed a UMS of 96 so I got a remark and the examiner was so harsh and didn't give me that one extra mark which I'm sure you can find in an English exam.. so my grade didn't change

But I'm okay about that now bc althought I got a B overall in AS I managed to get an A in English overall for A2 bc I got an A* for the A2 exam so don't lose hope bc if your grade doesn't change then you can get higher in A2

Also there are times when they will mark you down so be careful I'd advise you not to get a remark is its closer to the grade below than the grade above
You'll get your money back either way, unfortunately I didn't 😂

That is harsh!!

I'm balancing the ideas of just re-doing the exam later this year, or getting it remarked. I suppose in Psychology it would be hard to find extra marks to award.

Quick Reply

Latest