The Student Room Group

Exam Resit

I got my marks back today for some january exams i took (applied science and health and social) i am happy with my science one however not with my health and social. I want to resit it and my teacher wants to get it remarked however if i get it remarked will i still be able to enter for a resit. I am having a proper chat with my teacher tomorrow but i cant wait till tomorrow as i am very stressed
Reply 1
Original post by crazyfrog333
I got my marks back today for some january exams i took (applied science and health and social) i am happy with my science one however not with my health and social. I want to resit it and my teacher wants to get it remarked however if i get it remarked will i still be able to enter for a resit. I am having a proper chat with my teacher tomorrow but i cant wait till tomorrow as i am very stressed
one of my friends also want to resit the exam. We spoke to our exams office at our college and they said you could get it remarked and enter for the resit. If you are close to the grade boundary and the remark goes up you could then choose to pull out of the resit and get a refund. This would depend on the grade you wanted to achieve and the grade you are close to. I am assuming that you are close to a grade and that is why your teacher wants you to get it remarked.
Just remember that you may have to pay for both. At my college it is £55 for the remark and £40 for the resit so you have to think about what you want.
Original post by bing1234
one of my friends also want to resit the exam. We spoke to our exams office at our college and they said you could get it remarked and enter for the resit. If you are close to the grade boundary and the remark goes up you could then choose to pull out of the resit and get a refund. This would depend on the grade you wanted to achieve and the grade you are close to. I am assuming that you are close to a grade and that is why your teacher wants you to get it remarked.
Just remember that you may have to pay for both. At my college it is £55 for the remark and £40 for the resit so you have to think about what you want.
Thankyou, i will have a think and see what my teacher suggests, i dont know if i am close or not as the grade boundaries havent come out yet but my teachers reckon i am so hopefully! Good luck to your friend

Quick Reply

Latest