The Student Room Group

Resitting dilemma?

So a couple of days ago i received my AS results and got D's in Drama and RE and a U in Sociology. I am able to continue Drama and RE into A2, but I have to either resit Sociology or choose another AS. I'm worried about not getting enough UCAS points to get into University. I am willing to work extremely hard this year to make my grades go up, but I'll only have 2 A2 Levels and 1 AS level. I've been advised to do a programme called EPQ which will allow me to gain extra UCAS points. I really don't want to resit Year 12 again! Any advice?
Reply 1
Definitely do the EPQ - it's a project/essay where you pick your own topic and a question and you do your own research on it and it could be absolutely ANYTHING!
Also, you would have 2 ASs and 2 A2s, you'll have to work incredibly hard the next year and possibly take a gap year but it is still possible to get into uni. If I were you, I'd choose a different AS and take a gap year to do the A2 of it so you have the standard 3 A levels for university, the EPQ will also give you credit so don't panic!

Quick Reply

Latest