The Student Room Group

reapplying to university whilst retaking a levels

i’m planning on retaking my a level exams however i want to reapply in the same year so i’m able to go to uni next september and not reapply with achieved grades the year after and take another gap year, my dilemma is that do i apply with new predicted grades or my previously achieved a level grades? and if i’m able to reapply with predicted grades how do i do that if i’m retaking exams at my old sixth form as an external as i’m no longer a student
Original post by coispet
i’m planning on retaking my a level exams however i want to reapply in the same year so i’m able to go to uni next september and not reapply with achieved grades the year after and take another gap year, my dilemma is that do i apply with new predicted grades or my previously achieved a level grades? and if i’m able to reapply with predicted grades how do i do that if i’m retaking exams at my old sixth form as an external as i’m no longer a student

Your education section on your application needs to list ALL completed grades (GCSEs and A levels) PLUS any pending results.

You need to add your resit exam centre as a place of study this year. If you’re not being taught just sitting exams there then list it as part tim study for the months of the exams-results and then add the pending A levels to that exam centre.

More important than your predicted grades is who you’re going to ask to provide you with an academic reference. You need to start this conversation soon as you need the reference provider to explain how to send them your application to add the reference (using a school/college buzzword, through a centre for a reference only or through adding the personal contact details as an individual application).

Your referee will have the option to add predicted grades against any pending qualifications. It’s optional so you need to talk to them about whether they will be willing to provide you with predictions or not and what information you need to give them to help them confidently predict your grades.

MANY resit applicants apply without predictions. It’s not normally a problem if your referee isn’t confident enough to profess predicted grades. Having an academic reference matters more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending