The Student Room Group

Missed 6 grades

jnkkjm
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by gomc
I got 2a* and 8as and im really disappointed because i go to a private and also i worked my butt off and in about 6 subjects i was ~10 ums off the next grade:
english lang -> 11ums
geography -> 3 ums
ict 3ums
maths 8 ums
bio 11 ums
rs 9 ums

this is so frustrating i feel like **** lol (pls dont tell me they are alright grades bc ive had enough of that already)
is there any chance of anything changing if i get some remarked?

If I was you, I'd do this:
Remark English language as the marking differs from one examiner to the next.
Remark geography- 3 ums is like 2 raw marks max
Remark ict - same reason as geography
Maths and bio- im not so sure as the mark scheme is specific as to what they want/ dont want
RS- remark, same reason as eng lang
Though, none may even go up at all. Down to luck I guess.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by gomc
I got 2a* and 8as and im really disappointed because i go to a private and also i worked my butt off and in about 6 subjects i was ~10 ums off the next grade:
english lang -> 11ums
geography -> 3 ums
ict 3ums
maths 8 ums
bio 11 ums
rs 9 ums

this is so frustrating i feel like **** lol (pls dont tell me they are alright grades bc ive had enough of that already)
is there any chance of anything changing if i get some remarked?

I know it's frustrating, but there really is no need. Your school will pay for your remarks if it's really needed; otherwise you'll have to pay. You've already shown you've worked hard. Remarks are risky because you can go a mark down. Or there'll be a chance there will be no change.

Your grades are good, GCSE's are just a passport to study A-Levels (unless you're looking at Oxbridge) are more important than GCSEs
Reply 3
kiok
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest