The Student Room Group

How hard is A Level Maths

I just got my GCSE results and ended up getting an A. How hard is A level Maths and how much hours revision should I do each day?
Original post by The_Phlox
I just got my GCSE results and ended up getting an A. How hard is A level Maths and how much hours revision should I do each day?

Teach yourself C1 and C2 over the holidays and you'll be prepared as you can ever be. They are not that hard and you can decide for yourself if a-level maths is difficult.
Original post by The_Phlox

Try to do at least an hours revision each day and build up more hours closer to your exams. It's not that hard but it's all about practice...
You got an A, you should be fine.

I got an A @ GCSE maths and an A in AS maths.

I did no revision until about March, I did the home works off course. From March till the exam, I did about 2-3 hours of maths revision a day, mainly past papers and Solomon papers.

The good thing with maths, edexcel, is there are so many past papers and Solomon papers and once you finish them, you can just do them again.

By the time the exam came, I had done all the possible types of question and it was just a repeat of exam questions i had already done - expect with different numbers.

Good luck!
It is tough but try to find a revision technique that works for you and make sure you keep up to date 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think with A-levels maths you need to keep a balance so let's say they're teaching you C2, you need to be able to practice C1 at the same time as learning the C1 content so that you can keep C1 at that A*/A standard so that when you get to the exam you don't have to stress about revising some of the C1 content.

Quick Reply

Latest