The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

What is BSc Economics like at LSE?

I am currently an offer holder and need A*AA and E in further maths.
I am strong in single maths and some areas of further maths although I feel like I will be surrounded people that are achieving A* in further maths when I am predicted a C. Will this affect my experience and is the mathematical content at LSE really hard?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I am strong in single maths and some areas of further maths although I feel like I will be surrounded people that are achieving A* in further maths when I am predicted a C. Will this affect my experience and is the mathematical content at LSE really hard?

How have you gotten in for economics with an E in fm, I thought they expected an A.
Im in yr 11 and considering doing FM (with maths chemistry and econ), how hard really is FM at A-level I get 9s in maths gcse and 8s in FM gcse, should i do it?
Also what else did u do for your CV ie what work expereince etc did u get to be able to get into LSE economics at an E in further maths
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by ollie5647
How have you gotten in for economics with an E in fm, I thought they expected an A.
Im in yr 11 and considering doing FM (with maths chemistry and econ), how hard really is FM at A-level I get 9s in maths gcse and 8s in FM gcse, should i do it?
Also what else did u do for your CV ie what work expereince etc did u get to be able to get into LSE economics at an E in further maths

They expect a pass in your fourth subject for me, further maths being my fourth subject. I found FM really hard but it’s definitely manageable. I think you’ll be fine as long as you keep up with the work and don’t let the stress get to you. For my work experience, I did a week at a finance firm in canary wharf. As long as you show that you’re passionate about economics and maths in your personal statement, you’ll be fine! I haven’t sat my A level exams yet so I’ll find out if I get in or not in August
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

I met a Maths and Economics student in the LSE Library, and he showed me his work in the first year. It was most of the Pure Maths content of A-Level Further Maths. So you really need to get to 'grips' with Core Pure 1 and Core Pure 2 theory. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending