The Student Room Group

He raps poetry and I fancy him...

there's this guy I work with who I like. He's dead sweet and raps poetry when he's drunk and is shy. He's hinted he's not confident (I rap poetry because when I'm drunk I can't think of anything to say and look silly) which I find cute. In short I like him and have since I started work.
We all went to the pub after work and were drinking then I left to go home. This tramp stopped me and asked if I was pregnant and I was dead offended (I'm not). I text him like do you think I look pregnant? and he replied you look fit no offence and I said none taken you're not too bad yourself. Then the next morning he was like man I'm so silly when I'm drunk and I said we all say dumbass stuff when we're drunk then thought this sounded like I didn't fancy him.
In a moment of panic I asked him on a date. This was saturday. When he didn't reply by Monday I text him saying forget it I was stupid. He didn't reply until last night when he said he'd had no credit and had been busy, he'd be into the cinema but to be honest (which makes me suspect he's not being honest) he's too skint and had he made me feel awkward because my last text had been off. So I said thats cool I'm away in Bournemouth anyway and skint and that I was just being mega stupid. He asked why I said mega stupid and what I was doing in Bournemouth and I told him I was visiting the uni and that I was shy and it made me be silly. He hasn't replied and that was at like 8 this morning.

Does he like me? I feel so bad about the whole thing. I'm really scared of what to say, of being rejected or of being a **** and having to work with him. I used to be mega confident about this stuff and play the game well but I met my ex (who I was on off with until recently) who constantly put me down and I also put on a stone (which translates to a dress size). Now I feel fat and repulsive and like he won't want me. I feel so worthless and stupid as well and I think maybe I'm bringing these emotions into how I'm handling this situation. I desperately want him to like me.

He also has been on off with his ex til recently and everyone in our office is always like it's your life but I wouldn't go there. He had a one night stand at the weekend.

What am I doing wrong? How can I get him? Am I being stupid and clinging because of my self esteem? HELP!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Do you really want this guy? The situation with his ex is a bit dodgy, and then there's the one night stand.

Sorry, but ROFL at the title. I dunno why, but it tickled me.
Reply 2
It makes me smile when I say it. I am used to guys that say things like 'WENCH WHERE IS MY BEER' and work as professionals so a student that raps poetry is a bit new for me. I do like him, he's nice. I think basing a relationship on him being nice and kind is better than going for guys that are sexy and wealthy!
Reply 3
Fleece
and then there's the one night stand.

Why is a one night stand so bad for a guy to have. It's reverse sexism. As you can probably see from me previous posts, if the gender roles were reversed, the story would be different. It's like a one night stand is ok for a girl to have and some poor guy to have to put up with it for the rest of his life, but not the other way around.
Reply 4
I think she meant it shows a lack of commitment and that he wants sex whereas I want him to hold my hand and fly kites with me in the park as well as bang my brains out :biggrin:

Personally I am totally for one night stands for both sexes but too many becomes degrading and makes one feel worthless, thats another topic though!
I rap poetry when I'm drunk too but I have to be proper leathered.
Reply 6
bret
Why is a one night stand so bad for a guy to have. It's reverse sexism. As you can probably see from me previous posts, if the gender roles were reversed, the story would be different. It's like a one night stand is ok for a girl to have and some poor guy to have to put up with it for the rest of his life, but not the other way around.

Erm, no. I think in this society it's definitely worse for a girl to have a one night stand than a guy.

And ro-ro is right, I wasn't condemning one-night stands, I don't have a problem with them, just from a point of view of possible commitment to her...
bret

Lol, are you serious? :confused:

You obviously don't live in England... or the Western world in general, probably.
Reply 8
give an example of this poetry rappage :biggrin:
Reply 9
Ive never heard of rapping poetry :p: apart from beatniks! I tend to make up songs about sex about my friends to the tune of famous songs.
Reply 10
WE GOT TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I AM SO PLEASED! We went to our friends house to drink vodkas and cokes cos we were all invited to a party but it was in a bar and we were skint. I got drunk and fell down steps and then he picked me up and held my hand. We watched a dvd and he cuddled me and then we kissed. Stuff happened and he said he doesn't want a full on relationship but in a couple of weeks he'd like to see each other and that he want's to hang out together often!

He's telling his ex tonight that they won't be getting back together ever and then in a couple of weeks we're going to tell people like our manager. It's a secret but actually I don't mind that. He's really lovely and I woke up this morning in his arms.

I can't think of anything off the top. It's not really poetry but he says it's not rapping because it's not about shooting people and it's about emotions. Plus if you write it down it reads like a modern poem.
Good on ya Ro-Ro! :wink:
Reply 12
my ex who is really mean is livid as he says he doesn't want me anymore but he doesn't want anyone else to have me. It's wrong but that just makes this even sweeter!
Reply 13
Bless <3
hot lad uk
well well rosie hello long time no see, remember me i had a 1 nite stand wit u, 2 every1 rosie here (ro-ro) is so easy and will have any guy with a **** between his legs she dont care

So if you willingly had a one night stand with her, surely you're just as "easy" as she is?
Pot kettle black :rolleyes:
Reply 16
Firstly I don't know who this guy is.
Secondly I've had two one night stands in my life.
Thirdly I haven't had one for almost a year.
Reply 17
hot lad uk
i only had a couple she had them every wkend tbh so shes a bit of a slapper

And what is the point of telling everyone that?
Reply 18
Sejanus I dunno what this guy is doing. He's pulling up my threads and basically posting abusive comments. I've decided to ignore him from now on.
Reply 19
ro-ro
Sejanus I dunno what this guy is doing. He's pulling up my threads and basically posting abusive comments. I've decided to ignore him from now on.

Yeah, I noticed that too, which is why I was wondering what he is up to. You are probably right to ignore him: don't let him get to you! Hopefully, he will lose interest or something.

Latest

Trending

Trending