The Student Room Group

Sheffield Medicine Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by MarimaKauser
I still haven't received anything! I'm assuming I'll receive it in the new year. Does anyone know if we can contact admissions or if they've closed for Christmas?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah same I still haven't heard anything which is a bit annoying, I did try to call them but it just went to voicemail. :/
Got 4 interviews with average stats, **** knows how I've done it- I'm going on holiday tomorrow for three weeks, then I have 1 week till all 4 in a row.

Someone please tell me how I prepare for MMI, does Sheffield do anything in particular?
Where did you apply?
And what are these "average" stats??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DoctorPles
Got 4 interviews with average stats, **** knows how I've done it- I'm going on holiday tomorrow for three weeks, then I have 1 week till all 4 in a row.

Someone please tell me how I prepare for MMI, does Sheffield do anything in particular?

Hey, if you don't mind sharing, what exactly were your stats? Thank you and good luck with your interviews!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rose215
Yeah same I still haven't heard anything which is a bit annoying, I did try to call them but it just went to voicemail. :/

same!
Original post by DTW15
If you were to accept the biomed offer, how would this impact any offers you might get from the other unis? Does accepting the biomed offer from Sheffield mean you've given up medicine offers from other Unis? Thanks l.

I got the same offer! Have you decided to accept?
Reply 586
I'm wondering how the procedure is. If you accept Sheffield's biomed offer, does it mean they'll indicate this offer in UCAS? And you can still wait for the other unis to reply with their offers for medicine (if any) then decide? I don't want to jeopardise my chances of getting medicine offers. Can anyone advise?
Original post by DTW15
I'm wondering how the procedure is. If you accept Sheffield's biomed offer, does it mean they'll indicate this offer in UCAS? And you can still wait for the other unis to reply with their offers for medicine (if any) then decide? I don't want to jeopardise my chances of getting medicine offers. Can anyone advise?

You should wait till you receive all of your offers. Then make a decision. The offers you receive will not be going anywhere.

If you accept your biomed offer, you will indeed jeopardise your medicine offers that you could have received at a later date.
Scarlet is correct!

Even if you do get no medicine offers I wouldn't accept biomed if I were you. Grad med isn't likely to around in 3 years. But if you want to be a scientist then go for it obviously :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 589
Thanks for your replies. Sheffield needs me to let them know via email if I am interested. And only if I indicate my interest will they indicate the offer in UCAS. So I can go ahead and indicate my interest to Sheffield? At which point they will make the biomed offer on UCAS. But I wait til the results from the other unis are in before I make a decision? Thanks again.
Hi, does anyone know if Sheffield allow AS module resits to be sat during year 13? The website isn't very clear! Thanks:smile:
Where have people been going to read up on the junior doctor contract changed and debate for interview prep?

Can anyone recommend any good articles or good websites to go on? I'm reading the news daily and have kept on top of the main talking points but would love some help to further direct my reading? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 592
Original post by sumeyyatontus
I applied to HYMS, Manchester, Plymouth and Sheffield
I had my interview for HYMS and Plymouth, my Manchester interview is in January but I think a rejection is on the cards for Sheffield :frown: shame because it probably would have been my fave, just fingers crossed my other 3 interviews go well
I'm sure you'll hear something soon

Wow well done on 3 interviews, what are your stats?
Original post by TAgirl
Wow well done on 3 interviews, what are your stats?

Thank you! I did end up getting a rejection from Sheffield.
GCSEs: 4 A*, 5 A, 2 B
AS levels: ABBB
Predicted A levels: A*AA + A* in Welsh Baccalaureate
UKCAT: 665 band 2
Interview question:

What is the biggest struggle you've had to overcome?
Anyone else with no reply from Sheffield yet???
Original post by ruhullah

I'm in the same boat but debating whether or not to ring but don't want to waste their time, if all interviews have been given out I'm assuming it's a rejection. However, quite a lot of people have been offered biomed but I applied to Sheffield for biomed and have received my offer, may this be affecting the reply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tbh I haven't got a clue I thought that was the reason too but they said they give out biomeds within the next 3 weeks starting from the 12th but I think 3 weeks is goneAtleast I am not the only one which is good at the moment
Reply 598
Original post by ruhullah
I haven't heard back either ://
Panic over received my rejection😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending