The Student Room Group

Sheffield Medicine Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Thanks a lot!
That gives some hope of hearing back today atleast..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Coobysnax
For all those still waiting I have just contacted Sheffield medical admissions who weren't aware we were still waiting as they had passed on all the decisions to UCAS. She has contacted central admissions who are chasing UCAS to see why they haven't been processed.

Is it worth emailing them too in case they don't know how many have slipped through?
Original post by marc12345
Is it worth emailing them too in case they don't know how many have slipped through?

You can do if you want to but they said its all the A104 course.
Guys anyone know which station was the one that was the station "exploring your understanding of the wider context of medicine, including its politics and history." As thats the station which was the reason for my rejection :frown: . It was station 2. I dont really know which exactly was it. Really puts me down as I thought I did really well in all of them. :frown:
You can do if you want to but they said its all the A104 course.

Did they say when we might hear?
Original post by saudkhan2508
Guys anyone know which station was the one that was the station "exploring your understanding of the wider context of medicine, including its politics and history." As thats the station which was the reason for my rejection :frown: . It was station 2. I dont really know which exactly was it. Really puts me down as I thought I did really well in all of them. :frown:

I fell down on two and in surprised at one of them.

Number 6: communication with a patient. That has always been my strongest station and I've receive good feedback in mock interviews. I find it unfair that the actor changed the illness for each person as that makes it totally subjective. I felt it went well and I communicated with her well. Obviously didn't.

Number 8: guess what the medical student was thinking of. The easiest station and I froze and got myself in a rut. I figured it out in the end and got the answer. Still had time to talk and explained where i went wrong showing reflective thinking. Knew it was a bad station but didn't think it'd mean a rejection.

Not sure what the politics was I can't remember sorry!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by HCAssistant93
I fell down on two and in surprised at one of them.

Number 6: communication with a patient. That has always been my strongest station and I've receive good feedback in mock interviews. I find it unfair that the actor changed the illness for each person as that makes it totally subjective. I felt it went well and I communicated with her well. Obviously didn't.

Number 8: guess what the medical student was thinking of. The easiest station and I froze and got myself in a rut. I figured it out in the end and got the answer. Still had time to talk and explained where i went wrong showing reflective thinking. Knew it was a bad station but didn't think it'd mean a rejection.

Not sure what the politics was I can't remember sorry!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you think it mightve been the one that asked for GMP guidlines like professionalism and stuff.....?
Yes I just rang the lady dealing with it and it's been resolved and will be on UCAS at 6pm. Good luck everyone!
Reply 1168
Original post by Dennis_da_Menace
Has anyone received offer packs? Also does anyone know if there's an offer-holder day for us to look around the medical school? ☺️

The offer days are on wed 13th april or friday15th april (10:00am for both), which one are people thinking of going to?:smile:

I have just got an offer!! Fingers crossed for you and all the A104s....
Congrats!! Ive just got an offer too!! My first one and my first choice!!
Good luck to everyone else.
Posted from TSR Mobile
I have just got an offer!! Fingers crossed for you and all the A104s....

Same! Congratulations. Have you got any other offers?
Well done you guys! I'm thrilled for you!!!! I am just waiting on Durham but I only interviewed on Monday for them. So so excited! Well done!!!
Wow really...? are you school leaver or graduate if you dont mind me asking...

PS major congrats on the offer

sorry for the late reply.. i'm a gap year student, i left school last year
thank you!
Reply 1174
hi guys, i was just wondering - is sheffield mainly lecture based, with one or two pbl seesions a week? or is it just all lectures ? because i understand that some unis say they are integrated but tend to just be lecture based. thanks! and good luck to those who are still waiting to hear xx
i think it was the one where the person asked about nhs and the issue it faces and how politics is involved in the nhs

Guys I don't think people should be detailing the stations even though the interview cycle is over. It isn't fair and it doesn't create a level playing field for future applicants who maybe following this thread. I am sure universities re-cycle the questions.
Original post by tallyt
hi guys, i was just wondering - is sheffield mainly lecture based, with one or two pbl seesions a week? or is it just all lectures ? because i understand that some unis say they are integrated but tend to just be lecture based. thanks! and good luck to those who are still waiting to hear xx

Yes, Sheffield is mainly lecture based. The PBL sessions occur every 2 weeks and known as integrated learning activities. Integrated just means the clinical aspect is taught alongside the theory, so early contact with patients and clinical practice.
Reply 1178
Does anyone know roughly how many people have been put on the reserve list? Not many have said they are

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SY123
Does anyone know roughly how many people have been put on the reserve list? Not many have said they are

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure but I got put on the reserve list

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending