The Student Room Group

Sheffield Medicine Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Coobysnax
Well done you guys! I'm thrilled for you!!!! I am just waiting on Durham but I only interviewed on Monday for them. So so excited! Well done!!!

Where would you pick Durham or Sheffield? I'm waiting on Durham too!
Hey guys i have firmed sheffield!! Any other A104s firming??:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by marc12345
They both look great so I'd be happy with either.
It's a hard choice, if I get Durham I'll be happy but really hard to choose. I went to Durham for my first degree and loved it so I'm probably a bit bias!

Definitely go Durham
Does anyone know how we can find out the catchment areas- hospitals we'll be sent to?

And what are ILA's? How lecture heavy is Sheffield?
How can I get feedback for my application??
Sheffield...vs Manchester? :/
Reply 1188
Original post by cutibess

Same here. I do live in Sheff though and have been to Manchester before, so you can PM me anything if you want. Not saying I'm a guide to either place though :tongue:

Anyone know if Sheff give feedback to successful applicants?
Original post by Med_destiny
Hey guys i have firmed sheffield!! Any other A104s firming??:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey are you a grad?

Hmm which is better?
Hey! I am not a grad..still waiting to meet my conditions:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PoolR
Same here. I do live in Sheff though and have been to Manchester before, so you can PM me anything if you want. Not saying I'm a guide to either place though :tongue:Anyone know if Sheff give feedback to successful applicants?
Glad to know I'm not the only one who's in the same position...! :') Which one are you leaning towards more atm tho?
Original post by Anonymous7654321
Hmm which is better?
Yep!! Can't really decide between the two....drew out a pros/cons table and that didn't help at all! :colondollar:
I guess you may get more of an idea during the post offer days. When you visit them and see which one you can see yourself 'fit'at. In terms of prestige which is better as I'm not sure?...it''s also about what is important to you. Is it location, teaching style e.g. pbl/lecture, intercalation , prosection/dissection e.t.c
Any grads on the A104 course?
I guess you may get more of an idea during the post offer days. When you visit them and see which one you can see yourself 'fit'at. In terms of prestige which is better as I'm not sure?...it''s also about what is important to you. Is it location, teaching style e.g. pbl/lecture, intercalation , prosection/dissection e.t.c

Haha, thanks for the suggestion! I'm not from the UK so I won't be flying over for the offer holder days unfortunately :frown:
Any grads on the A104 course?
Yes me! I have an offer, just waiting to hear back from Durham before I can make a decision.
Reply 1197
Glad to know I'm not the only one who's in the same position...! :':wink: Which one are you leaning towards more atm tho?Yep!! Can't really decide between the two....drew out a pros/cons table and that didn't help at all! :colondollar:

Leaning towards Manchester, but we've some time to decide anyway.
Original post by PoolR
Leaning towards Manchester, but we've some time to decide anyway.

I'm also deciding between Manchester/Sheffield. Leaning towards Sheffield I think !
I'm also deciding between Manchester/Sheffield. Leaning towards Sheffield I think !

May I ask why? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending