The Student Room Group

English language investigation A2 HELPPP

Hi!! We're doing an english investigation about the change of english language for our coursework and I cant seem to find something original that I can expand on. I have no particular interests that I can develop on so It would be gladly appreciated if I received some help.

Kind regards! xx
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

So far I've got transcripts of conversations between builders and their manager. As my father is the manager I found it was quite easy to get access to real life conversations. However I'm confused on what question I can put forward for this investigation.
Hi, I have some ideas for my investigation but I'm not sure which would be the best to go for:
- Compare a child’s language development in a bilingual culture to a non-bilingual culture.
- Explore and compare the language used in adult contemporary novels to young adult contemporary novels.
- Investigate the origins of names and spells used in the book series, Harry Potter, and consider why they may have been used.
I'm not too sure whether I've worded the Harry Potter one correctly but I think it'll be an interesting one to learn about. For the first one, I'm bilingual so my mum can help me out a lot there. And the second one, I have some good authors - I was thinking Cecelia Ahern and Rainbow Rowell to compare (The Year I Met You and Fangirl).
Which one would be best to use?
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest