The Student Room Group

Realistic IB or Consultancy options

I'm at my final year of University of Birmingham with 80+% percentage in my second year. I have 380 ucas points with my top three A-levels.

I didn't get any internships but I am currently doing work experience in a treasurer role and an IT coach at charities.

I don't think I am good enough for any front office positions but I have a chance at middle office right? I am interested in risk and treasury or other middle office roles.

Can someone tell me which companies with a specific role that I have a realistic shot at please.

Nomura does not come to my university for any type of networking or fairs so I think I can apply to them now but which position should I apply for to get good success with my work exp and academic record and uni? I was thinking the corporate infrastructure since global markets and IBD is out of my league.

I would just really appreciate someone telling me which jobs and companies I should look at.

Thank you.
something is only out of your league if you lead yourself to believe that.
Reply 2
Original post by gr8wizard10
something is only out of your league if you lead yourself to believe that.

But i am sure most of the FO jobs would get filled by oxbridge/LSE/warwick etc.

To be honest, I wouldn't even like the hours of FO. Also, I don't wanna make loads of failed applications since some companies, you are unable to reapply until a year or so.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending