The Student Room Group

A2 OCR Economics F585 June 2016

Hi Guys! So I am retaking this exam this year to boost up my A level grade and finally go to university next year. I did not see a thread about this exam, I know its early but trust me.. ITS GOOD TO START EARLY.
So I've attached the link of the Stimulus material here :
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/251783-unit-f585-stimulus-material-june-2016.pdf

I think it's quite similar to what I did last year with some new terms and new parts to it. But revising here together will make things easier and we all can give out, ask and answer the predicted questions in exam manner.

Introduce yourself and lets build this! :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Maleeha1211
Hi Guys! So I am retaking this exam this year to boost up my A level grade and finally go to university next year. I did not see a thread about this exam, I know its early but trust me.. ITS GOOD TO START EARLY.
So I've attached the link of the Stimulus material here :
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/251783-unit-f585-stimulus-material-june-2016.pdf

I think it's quite similar to what I did last year with some new terms and new parts to it. But revising here together will make things easier and we all can give out, ask and answer the predicted questions in exam manner.

Introduce yourself and lets build this! :tongue:

Possibly a tad early.
Reply 2
You'll never have enough time for this. It's such a long unit!
You'll never have enough time for this. It's such a long unit!

Retaking this as well...
Got an A in F583 but a D in F585.
What do you think to this year's spec?
Especially with globalisation at the start rather than the end.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Leechayy
Retaking this as well...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! Omg same. My F583 was a B. This one I got a C. I think first two extracts are the same but the last three are different, so I assume lots of new stuff to learn!
Just dropping in to say hi, bit early but you can never be too prepared :lol:
Thought I should liven up the group at this point but:
How far have you gone in terms of the topics so far? What've you learned? Any difficulties and whatnot or...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
anyone here got the 2015 papers?
The APT toolkit has just been released. Is there anybody interested in chipping in and buying it together?
Reply 9
who else is doing f584 transport economics
Hello everyone,

I did the F585 exam last year, and I got a solid A in the exam. Just thought I'd drop a message and if anyone wants any help at all on the unit I am more than willing to help out in any way I can...

Drop me a private message or simply place a message on this page and I'll try my very best to reply :wink:
Original post by L'Eternité
The APT toolkit has just been released. Is there anybody interested in chipping in and buying it together?

The price of those is for an institution, if you contact them directly you could get a discount as a private/single user
Original post by Leechayy
Retaking this as well...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it is better than last year. Data is clear and easy to understand.
Original post by keynes24
The price of those is for an institution, if you contact them directly you could get a discount as a private/single user

Woah, I didn't know this!

I will contact them today, will report what they say.
Original post by L'Eternité
Woah, I didn't know this!

I will contact them today, will report what they say.

I think it varies from 10% to 20%. You may end up paying the figure displayed online since it is not including VAT.
Guys how's it going? Did anyone start breaking down the case study and expected questions etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If anyone wants to work on extract one together let me know we can start making questions and evaluation the passage!

Posted from TSR Mobile
If anyone wants to work on extract one together let me know we can start making questions and evaluation the passage!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will be sometime later, I'll let you know:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Hi it is a 40% discount students get - go to the heading student revision aids cost is £33 + vat = £39.60
Reply 19
Original post by anna-log
Hi it is a 40% discount students get - go to the heading student revision aids cost is £33 + vat = £39.60

set link please

Quick Reply