The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Most beautiful Durham College?

I'm applying to do french and am trying to pick a college to apply to, I think it's between Van Mildert, butlers and st hild and st bede, which would you say is the most beautiful? And any other advice?
Reply 1
Original post by cakeislife
I'm applying to do french and am trying to pick a college to apply to, I think it's between Van Mildert, butlers and st hild and st bede, which would you say is the most beautiful? And any other advice?

*cough* Van Mildert.

I'm not biased or anything, though, obviously.

Spoiler

Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
That'll really depend on what you find beautiful. I love the way Butler looks - it's modern, has loads of green space and the central mound, which looks pretty cool - but there are plenty of people out there who'll say it's ugly. Mildert's lake is awesome and some of their communal rooms are really nice as well. Hild Bede has a large lawn and a beautiful chapel (two of my friends are getting married in it next year!) but a lot of their other buildings are very school-like. It's also spread over a much larger site than Butler or Mildert, which are both very condensed with everything in one place.

Quick Reply

Latest