The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I didnt like the equilibria question where it was talking about changing the temperature and what the sign was for the enthalpy change. I got the sign as -ve ,what did you get?, and what did you put for where it asked you what happens with the unreacted carbon and hydrogen?

Rob
Reply 2
i said react it again with a higher pressure...yes i got -ve as well not sure if its right :frown:
Reply 3
was the equation for the formation of CH4....C + 2H2---> CH4?
Reply 4
Rob24601
I didnt like the equilibria question where it was talking about changing the temperature and what the sign was for the enthalpy change. I got the sign as -ve ,what did you get?, and what did you put for where it asked you what happens with the unreacted carbon and hydrogen?

Rob

i did the paper too, the whole class resat to boost their marks.
i thought it was ok..i got -ve for the sign too..i said the C and H was recycled ..lool well i had to put something but i wasnt too sure.
what did u get for the very first question? ..bond enthalpies one.
Reply 5
jay9386
was the equation for the formation of CH4....C + 2H2---> CH4?
yes..u had to put state symbols..C(s) + 2H2 (g)--> CH4(g)
Reply 6
ye phew put the state symbols :smile: i put C + 4H --> CH4 first silly me
Reply 7
Wasn't too bad. Nice question for that last section. Easier than module 3 I reckon.
Reply 8
I thought module 2 & 3 were great.

The mean bond enthalpy question was a little annoying, but the Hess's law stuff later in the question was very very similar to a question in a past paper which gave a result around 400kJ mol.
Reply 9
hmm i didnt use hess's law i use products - reactants and got around 400ish for mean bond enthalphy. Does it matter which method u use?
Reply 10
jay9386
hmm i didnt use hess's law i use products - reactants and got around 400ish for mean bond enthalphy. Does it matter which method u use?

no..

i got 415.5 which is right.

for the very first questions..H2O2 one..what did u guys get? i got something like -1600 ish..
Reply 11
ye so did i...think that was right! the odd 1 mark questions were quite tricky i thought and for the 1st section B q..there wasnt much to write and it was 8 marks!!?!?!
Reply 12
jay9386
ye so did i...think that was right! the odd 1 mark questions were quite tricky i thought and for the 1st section B q..there wasnt much to write and it was 8 marks!!?!?!

good good lol

erm yeh i didnt do too bad on section B. true though some 1 markers annoyed me, what happens to the remaining H2 and CO2....why does A decompose even tho its particles dnt have energy equal to activation energy.:confused:
Module 2 the first answer was like -102 right
I got 415 for part c too

All in all gd, apart from that sign thing, im sure it was negative

What did u get for the main impurity is molten iron, i put carbon
Reply 14
Triple D
Module 2 the first answer was like -102 right
I got 415 for part c too

All in all gd, apart from that sign thing, im sure it was negative

What did u get for the main impurity is molten iron, i put carbon

it was negative
and i put carbon too but got the eqn to get rid of it wrong.
i put C + O2 --> CO2 instead of 2C + O2 --> 2CO

for the first question i got something like -1600
i got around -100 for the first one, not -1000.
thought both module 2 and 3 were a lot easier than they could have been!!
Reply 16
All 3 were child's play and WAY easier than the 1h 30 past papers.
Reply 17
ShOcKzZ
it was negative
and i put carbon too but got the eqn to get rid of it wrong.
i put C + O2 --> CO2 instead of 2C + O2 --> 2CO

for the first question i got something like -1600

what u talkin about?! C + O2 --> CO2 is correct....oxygen is blwon through the molten iron.
Reply 18
jay9386
what u talkin about?! C + O2 --> CO2 is correct....oxygen is blwon through the molten iron.

oohh..ok, nice1 :biggrin:
Reply 19
I found the paper quite friendly :smile:

I think module 2 was easiest than mod 1, then mod 3.

and for the equilibrium question about sign

I put " - (negative)"

"At low temperature, products are favoured in an exothermic reaction"

Latest

Trending

Trending