The Student Room Group

MSc Adult Nursing UWS

Hi There,

Has anyone applied for MSc Adult nursing with registration at UWS? I applied about a month ago and I'm desperate to find out if I have a place!

Kate

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi Kate,

Have you had the testing and interview yet?
I applied in January, had testing and interview in March, got conditional offer which only turned to unconditional last week to start January. Best of luck and hope you hear soon.

Cheryl x
Reply 2
Hi Kate,

That's concerning. I just applied yesterday and was looking online for some sort of time scale on when we'd be likely to hear back. Hopefully they still have places available, but I doubt they'd still be advertising it if they didn't.

And congratulations Cheryl :smile:

Yasmin x
Reply 3
Hi Cheryl and Yasmin,

It's so good to have some replies, I was starting to wonder if this course even existed lol! Congratulations Cheryl, so pleased for you! I've not done any interview of tests as of yet. I applied a month ago and kind of expected things to be move a little more quickly. Maybe now that they are giving the unconditional a out those of us who have applied later on will start getting some feedback. I did email the admissions service and ask about a time frame as I was getting a bit worried and the girl emailed back asking for my degree transcript. She also quite funnily reminded me the course doesn't start til 2016.....asif I didn't know that already lol! I kindly pointed out that was only 3 months away lol!

What back ground are you girls from? What degrees do you have? I'm a bit worried I might not get a place but I had to try! My degree is environmental science but I've spent the last two years on an Orthoptics degree at GCU, which is health and hospital based so I'm hoping that this will help to improve my chances!

Fingers crossed, thanks for your replies.x
Reply 4
Hi Katy,

Well I'm glad that emailing the admissions service helped you :smile: Yes 3 months isn't long, especially with a course that has more selection criteria and steps than merely a UCAS application; hence why we're worrying! Maybe she was saying that as they're still recruiting people for the MSC that started on the 14th of September in clearing on the UCAS website? I don't know, either way I think we have a right to be nervous. I guess it just emphases even more how much we want to get into the course and be nurses :smile:

Wow Katy, I'm sure you've got a great chance; you've got the experience and qualifications, I hope this provides you with some reassurance. I'm a Psychology Honours graduate, currently working as a Support Worker. I'm concerned I won't get a place either, especially if they've not been quick to process your application. But I'm hopeful, I'd love to have a place and become a nurse :smile:

Good luck Katy! x
Reply 5
Hi both,

Last year on the forum threads there were applications going in during December and some of those still got a place on the course. I had actually applied for both adult and mental health as I couldn't decide at first and was still being invited for interview for mental health in both July and August even though I had declined it on UCAS. So I wouldn't worry too much as sounds as though they are still working their way through things.
I too am a psychology graduate and haven't been studying since 2008! I have spent the last 3 and a half years as a manager of a residential children's unit so no hospital/medical experience at all for me.
Good luck to you both and I'm sure you will hear soon. I applied in January and didn't hear a thing till March and remember the agony well of obsessively checking emails etc so I can totally relate!

Cheryl x
Reply 6
I've just received a status update from track saying I've been unsuccessful, have no idea why. Think it's pretty rude and unkind really to just send that and nothing else! I've emailed the girl I spoke with yesterday to ask why and I'll ring tomorrow if I have to. Totally gutted but everything happens for a reason I suppose! I might even try applying for it through the normal 2016 route and I'll apply for the BSc too as back up. Such a huge shame, I feel really sad now bs a little bit angry if I'm honest. 😒 xx
Reply 7
Hey Girls,

I've just come across this thread and its great to hear others talking about the course.
I am starting at the Hamilton campus in February for the MSc and am super excited... but I have felt out of the loop a bit as I missed the group interviews and interview on my own later.... which was grand, it just meant I didn't get to meet any fellow class mates and hear the general discussions etc..

Sorry Kathy to hear you didnt get in this year x

Yasmin, I was in the exact position you are in... a psychology graduate currently working as a support worker :biggrin: I went for my interview in August and had to send an academic reference, so only yesterday was my place confirmed on ucas track... how are you getting on, have u heard anymore? x

And Cheryl, woop for you :biggrin: well done too, super happy to find a fellow student. Have you had any course information sent to you? All I really know so far is the course is in Hamilton but I'll be doing my placements in Paisley.... Im moving from Northern Ireland so am excited but pretty nervous lol x

Jojo
Reply 8
So sorry to hear that Katy, it is so disheartening but dont give up! I hope they give you feedback on your application.
Hi jojo yes its good to start chatting to others who will be starting the same journey! I havent heard a thing yet, Im assuming next will be occ health check and pvg checks! I need to start applying for bursary etc just not got round to it yet, work has been very busy!
Im not sure exactly where my placements will be, just that I picked Ayrshire and Arran which is quite large geographically! I live about an hour or so away from Hamilton and will be travelling up for classes x
Reply 9
Hi all,

Katy - I'm so sorry to hear that, fingers crossed you get accepted into the BSc then :smile: don't give up!

Jo-Jo - That's so reassuring to know that several of us are in the same situation experience wise. I hope I hear back soon. So far I only got a generic automatic email saying that they had received my application to the Bsc's but it didn't mention my MSc, but when I queried it, they said they had received my MSc application too. So that's good news that they've acknowledged receiving it.

Cheryl - oh I'm about the same distance away travel wise, so you're not alone in that respect.

I hope I hear back soon, so here's hoping I get to join you all! :smile:

Yasmin x
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 10
Hi everyone,

How have you all been? Has anyone progressed further?
I have finally told my work Im leaving and handed my notice in this week! Was quite nerve racking as its all so real now! I still havent applied for the bursary but will do that as priority this weekend.

Cheryl x
Hi Cheryl,

You must be so excited :smile: Just wondering, did you drive to your interview? Congratulations again! I have my testing session (and hopefully interview) on Monday.

Hope you're well,

Yasmin x
Reply 12
Thats great Yasmin, best of luck!
I did drive up, the car park outside the uni is generally full, however if you go to the barrier for campus car park the wee guy should let you in!

Cheryl x
Okay that's great to know. I was planning to drive up too, as I'm coming from Ayrshire. I was really worried about the parking. I hope you get on well with your funding application.

Good luck!

Yasmin x
Reply 14
Hiya I have a conditional place for Jan, I applied Nov 14, interview/testing in April 15.
I have just completed a BA social science degree (graduated last thurs from uws) and I work as a supervisor in a care home..so excited for starting the MSc
Can't wait to meet you all x
Hi Cheryl, Jo-Jo & Pammi,

I will be joining you all next year :smile: see you all at the induction week. So excited!!

Does anyone have Fb and want to make a group :smile:?

Yasmin x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi All,

Just a quick one! I have an offer too but is there anyone who has ideas about accommodation? I live in England so I am a bit concerned.

Any ideas would be appreciatable

thanks

Junior
Reply 17
Hiya, a Facebook group would be fab :-) be good to get to know everyone..

Has anyone else recieved the timetable? It looks good

Junior...accommodation is next to uni, think you would be best contacting uni for info though X
Reply 18
Hi guys, I've set up a group on fb. Called it MSc @ UWS if anyone wants to join it x
Reply 19
Hey,

Ive just requested the fb page!
Junior I agree with Pammi, uni would be best placed to give info on accommodation and funding assistance etc! Good luck, hope you get sorted soon!
Yeah timetable looks busy! Cant wait!
Last day of work for me 2moro for a nice break before starting!

Cheryl x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending