The Student Room Group

Linear algebra questions

Attachment not found
Hi I've just started university maths yesterday and been given this homework to do for Friday, only problem is I've just started and never tackled questions like this before. Help on solutions to these would be greatly appreciated thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by 00ar
Attachment not found
Hi I've just started university maths yesterday and been given this homework to do for Friday, only problem is I've just started and never tackled questions like this before. Help on solutions to these would be greatly appreciated thanks.

If you have a specific problem with any question, I can help, but I don't want to just give you a solution :smile:
Original post by 00ar
Attachment not found

Have you done A-level maths? The first page at least is pretty standard A-level stuff.
Reply 3
Original post by morgan8002
Have you done A-level maths? The first page at least is pretty standard A-level stuff.

Well I haven't studied further maths so there's slot of words and things in there that don't make sense
Original post by 00ar
Well I haven't studied further maths so there's slot of words and things in there that don't make sense

Such as? If you don't know a term then google it. If you don't understand the explanation online then ask here what it means.
Reply 5
Such as? If you don't know a term then google it. If you don't understand the explanation online then ask here what it means.

Well I am asking otherwise I wouldn't be here, like on the second question I've got a positive 3bz instead of minus and not sure where it's gone wrong
Original post by 00ar
Well I am asking otherwise I wouldn't be here, like on the second question I've got a positive 3bz instead of minus and not sure where it's gone wrong

Do you get positive coefficients for the other two terms?
Reply 7
Yeah positive z^2 and positive 9b^2
Original post by 00ar
Yeah positive z^2 and positive 9b^2

That's not right. You probably made one sign error when multiplying.
Reply 9
image.jpg
That's not right. You probably made one sign error when multiplying.
Reply 10

where about?
Original post by 00ar
where about?

A small error:
(z3b)(3bz)=(3bz)2=6bzz29b23bz3bzz29b2(z-3b)(3b-z)=-(3b-z)^2=6bz-z^2-9b^2 \not = 3bz-3bz-z^2-9b^2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending