The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Originally posted by Tednol
Might be able to answer that, seeing as my little bro had the same thing going on. Do you have the 02 thing where you have to top-up by £10 a month? And then you get 300 free text messages? Because if you do, you also get 300 free WAP minutes.

If not, then sorry mate can't help.

Ed

Yeh that's right.. I used to have that o2 SIM card which you can purchase from http://www.o2.co.uk/shop. It's only an online service (used to be called genie), which means telephone support is very expensive but free by e-mail.

The only thing is though, you can't send texts if you run out of credit; it was still pretty good for me though, I would recommend it!

I've got a Nokia 7250 o2 contract now - better than my old 3330, but at three times the cost it should be!!! :d

{edited: vBulletin has a habit of including punctuation in my URLs
Mine is:

Nokia 3330 - good old favourite, bless it...
Nokia 8310 - lovely little phone
Siemens SL55 - so diddy and pretty! :biggrin:
Reply 22
I've got/had
2 motorola flip phones, they always seem to come apart!- and are currently in pieces somewhere in my room
1 siemens where the keypad is worn out and has survived being pushed off a varanda, landing on floors and in the pool as well as being covered in clay.
Nokia 5210- because it bounces and STILL works! the guys used to play soccer with them!

I prefer nokia more realible, but they are loosing the plot with design- which is a shame
Reply 23
I have a four year old Nokia 3210 :redface:
nokias all look the same and r mostly are the "chavs" choice.

the cool phones are motorola and sony. t-mobile are the best as they support tons of major sports events!
Reply 25
Tednol
Just curious as to what phones we all use. I can never understand why Nokia's are so popular. From my experience (went through three 5210's in little over a month, despite treating them all well) they are hardly reliable and for what they are, they are very expensive.

Compare that to the Siemens M35i I used happily for a long time and still works to this day despite having at least 1 pint of beer knocked over it, and the Ericsson T65 I use now and have used happily without a single problem since buying it over a year ago. Both these phones were cheaper than comparable Nokia phones available at the time.

I've just ordered a new phone, the top of the range Sony Ericsson T610. It cost a mere £30 to upgrade on my contract. A Nokia with a similar spec cost 5 times that.

Why oh why do people keep buying Nokia's?

Ed

Cause they are heavily advertised, and perhaps the single most easiest phone to use.
I have 3 phones actually, a nokia 3410, nokia 3330 and this really obscure errikson model.
Reply 27
Tednol

Why oh why do people keep buying Nokia's?

Ed

Brand loyalty. The same reason we buy Coca Cola instead of Panda Pops. The branding leads us to believe we are purchasing a superior product.
ZJuwelH
Brand loyalty. The same reason we buy Coca Cola instead of Panda Pops. The branding leads us to believe we are purchasing a superior product.

That and panda pops taste rank, especially the cola flavour.
I've had enouh phones to say the least, But am currently on a Sony ericsson p900, had the p800, and the t68i, and the sony z5, and all Sony ericsson's have been the best.

I can't say much more, other than when i got the p900 it was the best phone on the market, well in england, and I feel it still is...
Reply 30
I brought the following phones in order:

Siemens C10 (Vodafone) - My first phone brought in 1998 (I miss this phone)
Philips C12 (BT Cellnet) - Quite a nice phone but it had a wobbly back
Nokia 3210 (Virgin) - Best phone ever (and I gave it away) :frown:
Philips Savvy (Virgin) - Looks tough, but it's as weak as anything. Nice though
Motorola m3788e (Orange) - Nice in appearence but the software's crap
Nokia 3310 (Orange) - My present phone... it's not as good as the 3210.
Nokia 7110 (BT Cellnet) - Worst phone ever
Nokia N-Gage (sim-free) - It cost me £250" I'm worried about taking it out.
Nokia 3410 (BT Cellnet) - Ugly rubber keys that light up. I never really use it.

Other phones in my house include:

Samsung A800 (Virgin) - amazing little phone. Not as nice as the 3210 though
Nokia 8310 (sim-free) - Nice software ugly phone.

As for networks, I have only ever used PAYG - Orange for quality and Virgin for cheap calls.
I'm currently using a very f'd up Nokia 7110, as i f'd up my Siemens C35i a while back, and haven't been bothered about getting a new one.

I'll be getting a picture phone soon, but i haven't decided which one.

Latest

Trending

Trending