The Student Room Group

Is a Law degree on par with a STEM degree?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Duncan2012
"Is an apple on par with a pear?"

I just realised I meant to say oranges. Would that make a difference? Apples and oranges.

Oranges is right, and not just for the honouring of the formula idiom. Apples and bananas [or pineapples] would also be right, since you'd here as well be naming things which have little in common beyond their being fruit.

Apples and pears admit of being compared and there are circumstances under which comparison is sensibly made: can be stewed, made into a preserve, the filling in a pastry, the chief ingredient in a cider...

"Apples and pears" then is like saying "it's like comparing TSR poster cambio wechsel and a thoroughgoing pain in the arse". There's good reason to do it, very little to choose on, and the jury is evenly split.
Original post by Princepieman
This.

Basically most of TSR do not understand that a degree doesn't necessarily = a job/career.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You underestimate us so. :grin:
This.

Basically most of TSR do not understand that a degree doesn't necessarily = a job/career.

Posted from TSR Mobile

On a side note, you're probably correct; the majority of people is a typical foolish.
i know so many people who regret getting a law degree.
most law graduates i know have ended up working in retail. lol
Tbh i think a Law degree is only worth it if you go to a top university.
The answer is no: they have to do an additional year of study to learn the 'practical skills' required in order to practice. Law at the undergraduate is purely an academic pursuit.

In Grisham novels, the hero kicks ass of a big Insurance company (Think its the rainmaker) and he passes his law exams, straightaway starts arguing with the defense lawyers. So, is that a fabrication?
Or is the law exam at the Graduate level?
I think that has to be it.
Sorry.
no lmao

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending