The Student Room Group

Official: taking a selfie more dangerous than hanging around sharks

Apparently, taking a selfie now has a higher death rate than from shark attacks. :afraid:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-34466322

This is something to watch out for. :cookie:

For example, be particularly wary taking selfies with wild animals nearby. :bear:

Also watch out for all the usual threats like hand grenades going off when you are fooling with the pin. :rolleyes:

Beyond that, be aware that selfie-takers in the middle of the road should be mindful of traffic flow. :yep:

These are simple BUT NECESSARY selfie self-protection steps. PLEASE TAKE NOTE.

Scroll to see replies

"The problem isn't just limited to Russia."

I like that they had to clarify this.
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
"The problem isn't just limited to Russia."

I like that they had to clarify this.

:rofl:

Some Russians just seem to be, well, Russians. :giggle:
The perfect assassination: take repeated selfies with someone until they drop dead.
I'll read the article in a minute, but first, let me take a selfie.

I don't see the appeal myself. The things we do for populariy online...
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Apparently, taking a selfie now has a higher death rate than from shark attacks. :afraid:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-34466322

This is something to watch out for. :cookie:

For example, be particularly wary taking selfies with wild animals nearby. :bear:

Also watch out for all the usual threats like hand grenades going off when you are fooling with the pin. :rolleyes:

Beyond that, be aware that selfie-takers in the middle of the road should be mindful of traffic flow. :yep:

These are simple BUT NECESSARY selfie self-protection steps. PLEASE TAKE NOTE.

What about hit by lighting on a mountaintop using a selfy stick in thunder storm?
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
What about hit by lighting on a mountaintop using a selfy stick in thunder storm?

That seems quite a present and potent risk. :yep:

I am concerned that selfie takers will inadvertently get in the way of rocks hurling out of active volcanoes. As described in the later stages of Scientology.
Original post by SeanFM
I'll read the article in a minute, but first, let me take a selfie.

I don't see the appeal myself. The things we do for populariy online...

I can't answer - too busy trying to get a perfect shot of me with my sandwich.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

Disneyland already banned selfie-sticks from their parks because they keep injuring people :cookie:
Not sure they understand risk :tongue:

Relative to the number of instances; selfies taken is far more dangerous than being in close proximity to a shark.
Those selfie sticks and phones 3/10 times will bite your face off, whilst a shark will 1/100,000,000 times will say 'nice body' and be on its way.
Disneyland already banned selfie-sticks from their parks because they keep injuring people :cookie:

Original post by hellodave5
Not sure they understand risk :tongue:

Relative to the number of instances; selfies taken is far more dangerous than being in close proximity to a shark.
Those selfie sticks and phones 3/10 times will bite your face off, whilst a shark will 1/100,000,000 times will say 'nice body' and be on its way.

Only if you are beach body ready.

Personally I always use a shark repellant.

Seriously? I wonder how many deaths and how many life-changing.
I want to take a selfie with a shark
Only if you are beach body ready.

Personally I always use a shark repellant.

Seriously? I wonder how many deaths and how many life-changing.

Yep, and after they did their shares went up 1% and selfie stick shares went down 2% :yep:
Original post by Odd socks
I want to take a selfie with a shark

You will have a long way to go before you beat the current all-time winner.

You will have a long way to go before you beat the current all-time winner.

is that Pete Wentz?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mpagtches
The perfect assassination: take repeated selfies with someone until they drop dead.

Update: having thought this through a little more, there is a small occupational hazard of the assassin also dying in the process, possibly even before killing their target :hmmmm:

NOTE.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2015/oct/15/bear-roams-around-khabarovsk-russia-mall-shot-dead-video

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending