Oh damn yeah, I forgot about betting!

Both teams are surely gonna score here?

Put your 39k on this pal

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by difeo
Put your 39k on this pal

Posted from TSR Mobile

This will probably happen tbh

Would be brave to predict Arsenal to not be in top 4 though!!

P.S: where do you do your accumulator (if you have one)?
Original post by Lúcio
This will probably happen tbh

Would be brave to predict Arsenal to not be in top 4 though!!

P.S: where do you do your accumulator (if you have one)?

Just Sky for everything
Wenger keeps going on about not having to spend to be successful and citing Leicester. But you still need to address the weaknesses in the team. He always confuses the two.

Posted from TSR Mobile
He cites Leicester while conveniently forgetting that their squad rarely gets injured. Meanwhile since 2006 we produced five permanent injury crocks (Diaby, Rosicky, Wilshere, Walcott, Welbeck) and hardly any member of our squad stays fit the entire season.
Original post by difeo
Put your 39k on this pal

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great odds. It's definitely United, City and Chelsea in the top 3. Then Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal battling for the final spot. I think Spurs will get it this year.
Original post by Manchester United
Great odds. It's definitely United, City and Chelsea in the top 3. Then Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal battling for the final spot. I think Spurs will get it this year.

Lol, people are significantly overrating Chelsea. They haven't adressed their defensive issues at all. Two injuries at the back cripples them and they are relying on a 35 year old not dropping off performance wise. No chance they will get top 3.
Original post by leinad2012
Lol, people are significantly overrating Chelsea. They haven't adressed their defensive issues at all. Two injuries at the back cripples them and they are relying on a 35 year old not dropping off performance wise. No chance they will get top 3.

You're forgetting you have Conte who has managed an Italian side - he knows how to get the best out of his defenders.

I think people are overestimating Arsenal tbh. As of now they haven't made any significant improvements to their side - surely you need to get a CB sorted sooner rather than later?
Reply 9068
Original post by Lúcio
You're forgetting you have Conte who has managed an Italian side - he knows how to get the best out of his defenders.

I think people are overestimating Arsenal tbh. As of now they haven't made any significant improvements to their side - surely you need to get a CB sorted sooner rather than later?

Nah mate

4th is the new 1st
Spurs will have to smash their wage structure to watch Eriksen's 150k a week demands.

Guess he's off to Real then.

It's happened agaaaaain...

Good news though, they were starting to look scary.
Original post by swirly
Spurs will have to smash their wage structure to watch Eriksen's 150k a week demands.

Guess he's off to Real then.

It's happened agaaaaain...

Good news though, they were starting to look scary.

inb4 swap deal for James
Original post by Manchester United
inb4 swap deal for James

they can't afford his wages either :rofl:

****ing tottenham :rofl:
Reply 9072
Original post by leinad2012

But the real issue is the lack of protection of the defence, which Kante helps a lot.

We were using Mikel, Matic and Fabregas in midfield for half of last season ffs. Plus there is enough attacking talent to make up for it. In addition we have no europe which helps a lot in the title race. As you can see, the previous premier league winners from 2012 onwards have been knocked out early in europe. Had Chelsea got knocked out early in 13/14 like City did they probably would have won the title that year instead. Liverpool came 2nd in 13/14 and surprise surprise they had no europe.

People don't realise that fixture congestion has a hell of a lot to do with where you finish. Unless your squad is juiced up compared to the rest of the league like Barcelona, Bayern, Real or Juventus (which none of the prem clubs are) then really you are at a severe disadvantage the further you go in the cups, europe in particular.
(edited 7 years ago)
lmao at actually taking anything Leinad says as anything more than the ramblings of a mentally challenged individual.

Mertesacker being made captain isn't surprising but still hilarious.
Jamie wishes he was a Gooner.
Reply 9075
Fiver on Hull to win the PL
Original post by SA-1
Fiver on Hull to win the PL

They haven't even made a signing, what a bottle from Leicester 😂
Original post by Lúcio

I don't expect them to win the league but they will be alright! If they lose Mahrez it will be a huge blow.

It will be so funny if they get relegated though :rofl:
Original post by Lúcio

They can't, owner won't give them a budget because he wasn't allowed to change the name of the club, they also can barely name a squad, so it's even worse than it looks at a glance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lúcio

That's true, but when you only have 3 CB's and one is 35 there is only so much you can do. An injury or 2 could spell big problems.

We are very tough to judge really. Xhaka looks a very smart acquisition. We talk injuries every year, but last season our back 5 was pretty much unaffected by injury for most of the season. Already we will go into the first game with a makeshift back 4, that will only be marginally eased by Kosc returning. And we still need upgrades up top. An injury to Monreal or Bellerin (who have both been lucky the past 2 seasons injury wise) and we will see how good our depth at the back is. And I don't think that depth is anywhere near good enough, especially when you compare to city who played a full second choice back 4 for the first 5 games of last season and still picked up 15 points and 5 clean sheets!
If we sign Mustafi (which is looking far more promising) and a goalscoring winger or a top striker (even Lacazette), I would put us on for a sustained push for the title coming up short to city. I think we'll finish ahead of United if we signa CB though; they have spent big but you can't gel instantly with that many signings, it isn't possible. If we don't sign anyone from now to the end of the window, then we will be out of it by November and will be playing catch up to get top 3 or 4. (but don't worry mate, #madness is happening...)

Original post by bammy jastard 27
But the real issue is the lack of protection of the defence, which Kante helps a lot.

We were using Mikel, Matic and Fabregas in midfield for half of last season ffs. Plus there is enough attacking talent to make up for it. In addition we have no europe which helps a lot in the title race. As you can see, the previous premier league winners from 2012 onwards have been knocked out early in europe. Had Chelsea got knocked out early in 13/14 like City did they probably would have won the title that year instead. Liverpool came 2nd in 13/14 and surprise surprise they had no europe.

People don't realise that fixture congestion has a hell of a lot to do with where you finish. Unless your squad is juiced up compared to the rest of the league like Barcelona, Bayern, Real or Juventus (which none of the prem clubs are) then really you are at a severe disadvantage the further you go in the cups, europe in particular.

That's a very fair analysis and I'm probably being way too harsh on Chelsea's chances. I'm just very surprised that you haven't really bought another defender, especially at CB where you are relying on a 35 year old staying fit, an out of form CB in Cahill and Zouma. Whilst I think Zouma is a great CB, an injury to him could spell significant trouble if Terry fails to maintain fitness even with a more relaxed fixture schedule. Obviously Kante is an upgrade, and offensively signing Baty should help ease the burden on Costa.
I was probably being too pessimistic on your behalf, but to say you are nailed on for top 3, with a new manager with no pl experience, an aging squad and only a couple of improvements when your own manager has said he is looking for a few more signings, is laughable.
We all put far too much weight on new signings and managers and too little on stability; it's why Arsenal are predicted outside the top 4 most seasons by so called "experts". Spurs and Arsenal have been relatively quite in the transfer market but have bought smart (Xhaka looks a good signing from pre-season, whist for spurs Janssen is a top young striker to ease the burden on Kane and Wanyama to provide extra depth in midfield). Obviously we still need a striker and a CB, but for pundits to say Chelsea should finish above Arsenal and Spurs with ease is absurd, especially when you compare yourself to Spurs, who finished 20 points better off than you last season, have bought similar players to you and have a well settled manager. Sure they have CL to worry about, but I'm intrigued that most of the footballing pundits seem convinced there will be a 30 point swing in your favour over Spurs when there is very little to suggest that will be the case.

Latest