Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey I put myself forward for vice president of my school's pure maths society which means i have to make a short speech on wednesday for why the other members should vote for me. i am going up against ~4 other people and i have no idea what to say and i really don't want to embarrass myself. any ideas? :///

ReputationRep:
    Well if you do follow the above poster's advice, I would replace  360 with  2 \pi .

I can't really make any suggestions without knowing what your job would entail.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Just talk about stuff you've done before that would help perform the task at hand. Also, don't go all robotic - use the time to let them get to know you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 16Characters....)
    Well if you do follow the above poster's advice, I would replace  360 with  2 \pi .

I can't really make any suggestions without knowing what your job would entail.
    the thing is.... i actually have no idea what my job would entail
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    2pi noscope :rofl: don't forget to talk about your mad C4 'skillz'.

But really, find out what the role entails, what ideas you have to improve the societies, maybe an idea for a fun social, what relevant skills you have, past experience etc.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone in a position of authority in a society must carry themselves with confidence. Before you can convince other people that you are a better candidate than those you are running against, you yourself must be sure of the fact that you are indeed BETTER. Having convinced yourself of such, you must then proceed to show and persuade the electorate just how unsuitable the other candidates are. Be careful to disguise ad hominem attacks as carefully considered criticisms with a factual basis.

Hope this helps x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ♥Samantha♥)
    Hey I put myself forward for vice president of my school's pure maths society which means i have to make a short speech on wednesday for why the other members should vote for me. i am going up against ~4 other people and i have no idea what to say and i really don't want to embarrass myself. any ideas? :///
    Tell the lads you have a vagina.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irfanbadshah3)
    Anyone in a position of authority in a society must carry themselves with confidence. Before you can convince other people that you are a better candidate than those you are running against, you yourself must be sure of the fact that you are indeed BETTER. Having convinced yourself of such, you must then proceed to show and persuade the electorate just how unsuitable the other candidates are. Be careful to disguise ad hominem attacks as carefully considered criticisms with a factual basis.

Hope this helps x
    i do think i'm better.... but i don't have any reasons that i am better its really probs just my ego so i don't know what i could actually say

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 10, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.