The Student Room Group

VP invited me for an in person coffee catch up

Hey guys,

So I had my final (4th interview) at an investment bank yesterday at 4pm. They have all been conducted over zoom.

This morning a VP emailed me saying when I'm free for a coffee catch up next week.

Is this still a sort of mini interview? Do you think I am close to an offer yet, or are they still judging me against other candidates etc?

Any advice
(edited 10 months ago)
4 interviews, then a catchup? Catch up about what I wonder. seems strange to me, but i don't know how things work in that field.

Do they have a recruitment procedure that outlines the general process?
Maybe be direct and as is this another part of the application process?

I would hate to think they are using this as a personal meet up as it would be highly unprofessional imo
They could still be judging you, hard to tell really. They might want to see how you interact with them in person and whether they feel you would fit in well with the team.
Original post by JDSensations
4 interviews, then a catchup? Catch up about what I wonder. seems strange to me, but i don't know how things work in that field.

Do they have a recruitment procedure that outlines the general process?
Maybe be direct and as is this another part of the application process?

I would hate to think they are using this as a personal meet up as it would be highly unprofessional imo

So 4 interviews isn't not normal in this field. All the interviews were with different levels of seniority ranging from Associate to MD.

But I'll treat it like an interview until I receive an offer in hand
Reply 4
Doesn't seem appropriate but maybe they have a different kind of policy. They maybe be using the chance to study you or the VP has 'other plans'. just saying

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending