The Student Room Group

Best Uni for Film/TV Production

Hello,
I am about to send my UCAS away :O Anyway, before I do I am just looking over my university choices to make sure I have definitely picked the correct ones. I was hoping people could help me out!

I want to be a producer when I graduate. Therefore, the unis and courses that I have picked are:

South Wales University (Film)
Queen's University, Belfast (Film Studies)
University of Ulster (Media and Production)
University of Cumbria (Film and Television Production)
Bristol University (Theatre and Film)

Is there other ones I should look into/apply for?

Also, I am struggling to pass my maths, therefore I am trying to choose unis and courses that don't require maths.

Hope you can help. Thank you :smile:
Original post by ChelsLPurdy
Hello,
I am about to send my UCAS away :O Anyway, before I do I am just looking over my university choices to make sure I have definitely picked the correct ones. I was hoping people could help me out!

I want to be a producer when I graduate. Therefore, the unis and courses that I have picked are:

Also, I am struggling to pass my maths, therefore I am trying to choose unis and courses that don't require maths.

You will not be a producer when you graduate, don't think you'll be able to graduate and instantly become a producer. You will start at the bottom as a runner regardless if you have a degree or not.
Hello,

Hi there!

Great to hear that you know what area you want to go into- that's the first step to launching a career in the screen arts, and producing is a thriving sector of the British creative industries.

We're a uni based in Ealing Studios, West London, and have a practical BA (Hons) Practical Filmmaking degree course where students get hands-on training by industry professional tutors. If you wanted to find out more, we're having an open day on December 3rd, which also features two taster sessions to see if it's the right fit for you- a pitching/ producing class and a hands-on camera workshop in our multi-cam gallery.

If you're at all interested, you can sign up for the event here:

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/met-film-school-undergraduate-accredited-open-evening-3rd-december-2015-tickets-19150211799

Good luck!
Lauren (MFS)
Hello,

Hi There ChelsLPurdy,

Would you like to check us out? :smile:
We are base in London near the o2 arena, we have a Digital Film Production course if you would like to take a look: Click Here

Here's a link to our main page Click Me if you would like to check out our other courses :biggrin:

Overall unis will look at your grades but if your interview goes well with whom you've applied too, it's possible that you can pass with your portfolio/showreel. Of course that all depends on the place you applied with.

Hope this helps a bit

Kay :h:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by KBradders
You will not be a producer when you graduate, don't think you'll be able to graduate and instantly become a producer. You will start at the bottom as a runner regardless if you have a degree or not.

I obviously know that. I just wanted to know if I chose the right uni and courses for the career I would like.
Reply 5
Original post by Ravensbourne
Hi There ChelsLPurdy,

Would you like to check us out? :smile:
We are base in London near the o2 arena, we have a Digital Film Production course if you would like to take a look: Click Here

Here's a link to our main page Click Me if you would like to check out our other courses :biggrin:

Overall unis will look at your grades but if your interview goes well with whom you've applied too, it's possible that you can pass with your portfolio/showreel. Of course that all depends on the place you applied with.

Hope this helps a bit

Kay :h:

Thank you. I would love to study in London, although it is way to expensive for me! Thank you for your help though :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Met Film School
Hi there!

Great to hear that you know what area you want to go into- that's the first step to launching a career in the screen arts, and producing is a thriving sector of the British creative industries.

We're a uni based in Ealing Studios, West London, and have a practical BA (Hons) Practical Filmmaking degree course where students get hands-on training by industry professional tutors. If you wanted to find out more, we're having an open day on December 3rd, which also features two taster sessions to see if it's the right fit for you- a pitching/ producing class and a hands-on camera workshop in our multi-cam gallery.

If you're at all interested, you can sign up for the event here:

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/met-film-school-undergraduate-accredited-open-evening-3rd-december-2015-tickets-19150211799

Good luck!
Lauren (MFS)

Thank you very much :smile: appreciate your help !
I'd recommend Portsmouth- just got an offer from them:smile:
The best facilities I've seen and generally a really good, practical course,

Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending