The Student Room Group

Freud!

my teacher has decided that our cwk has to be about gender being associated with freudian slips (by asking people if they have ever called a teacher mum or dad) and there shd be an association because of oedipus complex and electra complex and how they vary in terms of trauma. BUT... in the introduction.. I can only find one study about freudian slips, and we need to write about at least 2. preferably 3. does anyone know of any studies about freudian slips, oedipus/electra complex or castration anxiety!??
pleeeeease
Reply 1
Freud's 'Little Hans' study is about the Oedipus complex.

It was one of Freud's limited case studies about a little boy (Hans) who had a fear of horses. Freud said that Hans had an attraction to his mother but feared his father was going to castrate him, so the fear of his father got transferred onto horses since they looked alike - the blinkers and black muzzle of the horse apparently looked like the fathers black glasses and moustache.

However Hans went on to say that he developed a fear of horses because he had a bad experience of one when he saw a horse-drawn cart tip over, and when the horse tried to get up again because it couldn't lift the cart with it it ripped it's shoulder open (ouch! i'm cringing while i'm writing that). Freud ignored this and, despite only meeting Hans once, Freud and the boys father (who was a 'Freud follower') made the diagnosis and then pestered Hans until he agreed.

Also, not quite a study but a funny moment, my psych teacher was telling us about two homosexual psychologists, one was called LeVay, and she called him 'LeGay' by accident :rofl: great Freudian slip!
Reply 2
Reply 3
depending on which exam board you are with, the literature survey part of the coursework does not all need to be associated exactly to the study you are conducting. The idea is that you get more and more specific, but you're first study should be something general (i would suggest something that tried to prove Freud's theories wrong or right or the oedipus/elektra conflicts??)

Hope thats of some help.
Reply 4
You should be able to find something here

Latest

Trending

Trending