The Student Room Group

Who will win the by-election?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Drewski
In British politics? Are you sure?

Everywhere, everything.
Original post by Aj12
I rekon Labour but with a heavily reduced majority.

That's to expected. By-elections typically have turnouts less than half of that at general elections. So a huge majority is likely to fall significantly in number at least.
Original post by AlwaysWatching
As a person who voted Labour in May, UKIP hopefully. Labour have become so out of touch with ordinary white working class, its unreal. They need a good kicking to sort themselves out. I'm also considering being more supportive of UKIP, because Labour really are becoming a bit of a joke and I cant see any other party that truly represents us. (I'm looking at immigration, EU membership, "positive" discrimination and less emphasis on traditional white blue collar industries). I'm pro welfare state, NHS and all the rest, but Labour really are losing touch in favour of Islington esk actvism.

I sort of agree. But Corbyn could have actually been better at this. Yes he suffers from all the problems you mention, but so do the right wing third way types. When he first became leader we got Nigel Forage commending his old left bennite type position towards the EU, not that that matters since EU skepticism is forbidden in the, to use the UKIP phrase, metropolitan elite.
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm extremely supportive of UKIP but I have to say - labour got 54% in may - Jeremy corbyn's leadership won't damage labour enough to give UKIP any significant advantage - also, even though (let's suggest) that UKIP and labour now are on very different poles from each other, labour is a much "safer" vote than UKIP either way
Reply 24
3% difference between UKIP and labour now
Original post by saxsan4
3% difference between UKIP and labour now

It's highly unlikely to be that on Friday night

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending