Original post by kingaaran
86 - full UMS

76 - A*

66 - A

56 - B

46 - C

36 - D

Posted from TSR Mobile

Looks good, I can get a C at least since it is over 50. How about F214?
Original post by sakuraton
Looks good, I can get a C at least since it is over 50. How about F214?

F214 should be about the same as last year

Posted from TSR Mobile
F214 should be about the same as last year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks,hopefully I got a C for both.
I think it is: 'processing information', 'detecting stimuli', 'effectors', 'reflexes'

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh really that's so annoying. Like i mentionned PNS detects temp change and CNS causes effectors to cause response/ muscle contractions etc. Like I gave examples like smooth muscle contraction due to autonomic nervous system and adrenaline due to sympathetic. I thought those were the roles!
I don't think you'd get any marks - it's not really answering the question.

The marking points will probably be:

PNS involves all the neurones going into and coming out of the spinal cord and the brain ;

it carries impulses to the CNS via sensory neurones / detects stimuli ;

carries impulses from the CNS to effectors ;

CNS is made up of the brain and the spinal cord ;

CNS involved in processing information ;

PNS involved in escape reflex arcs, but CNS not ;

For the one about the grey mice:

I talked about how the sperm of the grey mice and the egg of the grey mice would fuse together to form a zygote. This would then form an embryo at the beginning of the development.

Then you take some of these embryonic cells and place them into the surrogate mothers. Then you produce the offspring of grey mice and they are genetically identical.

Repeated with the offspring to obtain a large population of grey mice. ##

How many marks out of 5?
what value did you lot get for the chi questions
will I get a mark for writing genetic information instead of DNA in for the fill in the gaps question??
Original post by Randall13

I talked about how the sperm of the grey mice and the egg of the grey mice would fuse together to form a zygote. This would then form an embryo at the beginning of the development.

Then you take some of these embryonic cells and place them into the surrogate mothers. Then you produce the offspring of grey mice and they are genetically identical.

How many marks out of 5?

Oh wow I thought it was more towards test crosses and artificial selection 😩😩😩
Original post by RedDevil1997
Oh wow I thought it was more towards test crosses and artificial selection 😩😩😩

It was about artificial selection but I just said this was the only way to produce a large amount of grey mice.
86 - full UMS

76 - A*

66 - A

56 - B

46 - C

36 - D

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's always only 6 marks between each boundary mate
It was about artificial selection but I just said this was the only way to produce a large amount of grey mice.

I don't think it said to obtain a large number, it was only about obtaining a larger proportion of the population to be grey mice?

How many marks out of 5?

Artificial selection is just another term for selective breeding, so you would have had to mention Cross breeding grey mice and their grey offspring in turn, over many generations, etc... What you described is cloning.
Would I lose marks for saying ammonium ions rather than ammonia?
Reply 4013
Original post by DoctorPles2

Perhaps:
81 full UMS
75 A*
69 A
63 B
56 C
etc
Original post by okopops
don't even know why everyone's still stressing about a 1 marker when the whole section on ecology screwd me over tbh

I respect you. :congrats: You are the kind of person that I would get along with. :congrats: Although everyone found it easy and i reckon i got about 40% at a push with all these answers on this thread LMAO
For the question about why chimpanzees are stronger than humans, I said increased number of neuromuscular junctions allows increased and therefore stronger contraction.. Is that right?

Also, for the question about the variable not controlled for in the maize (I think?) question, everyone is saying the answer was the initial mass, however it specified in the question that the maize used was cloned.. Surely that means they'd all have the same initial mass? Instead I put that the method of drying it after it was wet was not objective and so moisture may have remained on the maize, affecting the mass... Sounds kinda stupid now but I had no idea what else to put

How many marks out of 5?

Completely missed the point of the question - I guess 1 mark for the emboldened point.

Original post by DoctorPles2

It's only a rough estimate. Nobody can ever be sure. Nonetheless, whether there 'always' is 6 marks between the grade boundaries is dependent on the distribution of candidate's results, explaining why the F214 boundaries were once 5 between each grade and have now shifted to 4 between each grade. It is unlikely to change significantly from 6, since people often do the same, but, like I said, it was only a rough estimate and it does not theoretically have to remain at 6 marks per grade.
Original post by horrorstory
For the question about why chimpanzees are stronger than humans, I said increased number of neuromuscular junctions allows increased and therefore stronger contraction.. Is that right?

Also, for the question about the variable not controlled for in the maize (I think?) question, everyone is saying the answer was the initial mass, however it specified in the question that the maize used was cloned.. Surely that means they'd all have the same initial mass? Instead I put that the method of drying it after it was wet was not objective and so moisture may have remained on the maize, affecting the mass... Sounds kinda stupid now but I had no idea what else to put

oxygen conc because they aerobically respire
What did ppl put about why have to control ph?
86 - full UMS

76 - A*

66 - A

56 - B

46 - C

36 - D

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bit too much space between the grade boundaries there, especially the C/D/B borders which are normally much more tight.

Also, how certain it said to round on Chi? Definitely don't remember that!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending