The Student Room Group

Help wrong spray tan - when should I wash off?

So, I've only had one spray tan before and I loved it. Went back to the same salon, but it was a different lady...she asked me if i wanted fair or dark and I said I thought there were three.Fair, classic and dark. She said there was only two and I said I know it wasn't the lightest available (as was debating last time). She said okay dark...straight away I noticed a difference my neck looked like I had covered it in mud in the creases. I also noticed a different price at the checkout - snuck out a salon brocure and yup it's not the tan I wanted.

the guide colour is SO dark. I don't want to go really dark as it's not summer and it won't look natural. How long should I wait to wash it off so I still get a tan but don't look ridiculous? The brand is St Tropez. Xx
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
bump
Not sure if I should just completely wash it off now... got water all over my above upper lip area and it has washed the tan off... or do you reckon this will be easily rectified with foundation?

The woman also missed one 2 inch area on one arm :s-smilie:

I wish I asked for the other woman's name. This was an expensive mistake :L
Well, you've had a bit of a nightmare haven't you lmao
Original post by iMacJack
Well, you've had a bit of a nightmare haven't you lmao

yeah I just wanted a confidence boost before doing a presentation at uni on Mon....this was after this woman burnt under my eyebrow because she said my hair was too stubborn for her to thread... as well as the burn they are shaped wayyyy too thin. I'm going to look ridiculous and not like an intelligent lady :L
Ross is that you?
you should wash it off now, spray tan is just about the most disgusting thing ever. dont be a chav.
Original post by driftawaay
you should wash it off now, spray tan is just about the most disgusting thing ever. dont be a chav.

It tastes nice though.
Original post by driftawaay

Spray tans aren't chavvy... just bad fake tan (which are usually at home application or if you ask for one too dark). I got my first one after speaking to a friend...I genuinely thought she'd just been on holiday.
kind of like this: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=good+spray+tan&espv=2&biw=1517&bih=741&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiQrsjOz8XJAhWLPxoKHfDAAxMQ_AUIBigB&dpr=0.9#imgrc=-iCI1PkxB9aNEM%3A

I also looked and washing it off after a few hours would have just caused more patchyness...you have to either wash it off straight away or wait apparently (could be wrong, was hard to find info).
Reply 9
If I really need to wash fake tan off ever, I mix bleach and an something to exfoliate, with a cloth and just scrub - probably awful for you but something has to be done sometimes.

Also there are some awesome at home ones. It's silly to say they look bad - LovingTan is better than ANY spray tan I've ever had.

Lastly, I'd recommend not going back to that salon - normally they're done in percents.
Original post by Goaded
If I really need to wash fake tan off ever, I mix bleach and an something to exfoliate, with a cloth and just scrub - probably awful for you but something has to be done sometimes.

Also there are some awesome at home ones. It's silly to say they look bad - LovingTan is better than ANY spray tan I've ever had.

Lastly, I'd recommend not going back to that salon - normally they're done in percents.

Sorry, I must not have been clear. At home fake tans aren't necessarily bad, there is just more variety then when you leave it to a professional. However, if you forget to ex-foliate/ keep touching things or something then I'm sure it's bad to have a bad salon tan too. I am very hesitant to try fake tan at home as I'm a bit of a clutz/ can't reach my back.

I no longer look i've been in a mud fight :biggrin: In fact wish I left it on longer.... barely any difference to my legs. The unevenness of the guide colour had no reflection on the actual tan (although again weirdly my legs are the most uneven).
Reply 11
Original post by xfirekittyx
Sorry, I must not have been clear. At home fake tans aren't necessarily bad, there is just more variety then when you leave it to a professional. However, if you forget to ex-foliate/ keep touching things or something then I'm sure it's bad to have a bad salon tan too. I am very hesitant to try fake tan at home as I'm a bit of a clutz/ can't reach my back.

I no longer look i've been in a mud fight :biggrin: In fact wish I left it on longer.... barely any difference to my legs. The unevenness of the guide colour had no reflection on the actual tan (although again weirdly my legs are the most uneven).

You can awesome back applicators. And what are boyfriends for? Every week my boyfriend used to apply mine. :biggrin:

And yay! They never look as bad as the guide colour lol
Reply 12
so this is what tanning is like hmmmmm its always been on my mind lol
Original post by Goaded
You can awesome back applicators. And what are boyfriends for? Every week my boyfriend used to apply mine. :biggrin:

And yay! They never look as bad as the guide colour lol

Thanks for the advice, I'll look into back applicators :h:

I've been broken up with my ex since August and I haven't met anyone since :frown:

I'm sure he would have though - when my back was bad he helped me shave my legs once.

That is if he didn't go, 'you spent how much on this bottle' :argh: hehehe

So to attract a man I want nice golden skin: can only get nice golden skin for a decent price when have already attracted man. :bricks:

Quick Reply

Latest