The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Visit Days

Hi Guys,

I've had some great news in receiving an offer from my first choice uni "Loughborough". I'm just a bit confused in that a lot of people say all applicants who receive an offer are automatically invited to attend a visit day by the school or department their course is run in. I received an offer to study Electrical and Electronic Engineering with a foundation year, with the aim to go on and progress onto Systems Engineering. After looking at the school for Electronic, Electrical and Systems Engineering, I cannot find the visit dates anywhere. Do I receive information about it later on, nearer the time or am i missing something here. Any help?
Yeah you should receive an email at some point inviting you, I had a app day yesterday at Loughborough (different course).
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
Original post by Vikingninja
Yeah you should receive an email at some point inviting you, I had a app day yesterday at Loughborough (different course).

Thanks, what course was it?
Original post by Nocky1
Thanks, what course was it?

Civil engineering.
Original post by Nocky1
Hi Guys,

I've had some great news in receiving an offer from my first choice uni "Loughborough". I'm just a bit confused in that a lot of people say all applicants who receive an offer are automatically invited to attend a visit day by the school or department their course is run in. I received an offer to study Electrical and Electronic Engineering with a foundation year, with the aim to go on and progress onto Systems Engineering. After looking at the school for Electronic, Electrical and Systems Engineering, I cannot find the visit dates anywhere. Do I receive information about it later on, nearer the time or am i missing something here. Any help?

Hi Nocky1

Congrats on the offer :biggrin:

You should be sent information on the visit days shortly after you have received your offer - from there you will be able to click on the link and book yourself onto a visit day. If you don't receive this email soon, I'd advise contacting the department directly.

Hope this helps!

Amy
Reply 5
Civil engineering.

hi, i have my visit day in february for the same course.
what was it like and are you gonna firm it? if you don't mind me asking.....what a levels are you predicted to get and what was your offer from lboro. i am doin maths,phys geography and epq
Original post by duncant
hi, i have my visit day in february for the same course.
what was it like and are you gonna firm it? if you don't mind me asking.....what a levels are you predicted to get and what was your offer from lboro. i am doin maths,phys geography and epq

I'm predicted A*A*Aa in geology, maths (teachers barely put the A*), physics and EPQ, have an offer of AAA for MEng (their typical offer). In terms of putting it firm its between it and Southampton. I went to Southampton the Wednesday that just went and since I didn't go on the accommodation tour nor an open day I haven't really seen that stuff and it was **** weather so that made it a bit depressing. But Southampton I find has some really good modules so between these two, my other main choice was Surrey which my day is next week but I'm finding it as not having a chance against these two for me.

In terms of what I did on the day there was a accommodation tour and lab tour which were on the open day, a tour of some of the facilities (which I think was also on the open day), talking about the course (like on the open day), there was a tower challenge, a group talk with a lecturer. There were some extra things but apart from these it was a lot like the open day.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
I'm predicted A*A*Aa in geology, maths (teachers barely put the A*), physics and EPQ, have an offer of AAA for MEng (their typical offer). In terms of putting it firm its between it and Southampton. I went to Southampton the Wednesday that just went and since I didn't go on the accommodation tour nor an open day I haven't really seen that stuff and it was **** weather so that made it a bit depressing. But Southampton I find has some really good modules so between these two, my other main choice was Surrey which my day is next week but I'm finding it as not having a chance against these two for me.

In terms of what I did on the day there was a accommodation tour and lab tour which were on the open day, a tour of some of the facilities (which I think was also on the open day), talking about the course (like on the open day), there was a tower challenge, a group talk with a lecturer. There were some extra things but apart from these it was a lot like the open day.

Great grades. You should have no problem getting in. Thanks for all that information. I really like the sound of Loughborough although not been there yet. Also considering Nottingham. Good Luck :smile:
Original post by duncant
Great grades. You should have no problem getting in. Thanks for all that information. I really like the sound of Loughborough although not been there yet. Also considering Nottingham. Good Luck :smile:

Personally didn't like Nottingham so didn't choose it as one of my 5 choices. Yeah Loughborough I absolutely loved it when I looked at it. Thanks for the luck, good luck to you as well.
Hi Amy,
I Have also had an offer from Loughborough to study politics. For the applicant day, is it normal/usual for people to attend with or without family/parents?
Thanks.
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi Nocky1

Congrats on the offer :biggrin:

You should be sent information on the visit days shortly after you have received your offer - from there you will be able to click on the link and book yourself onto a visit day. If you don't receive this email soon, I'd advise contacting the department directly.

Hope this helps!

Amy

Hi Amy,
I Have also had an offer from Loughborough to study politics. For the applicant day, is it normal/usual for people to attend with or without family/parents?
Thanks.
Original post by kikiedwards24
Hi Amy,
Thanks.

I'm not applying for your course but on my applicant day my dad dropped me off and so wasn't at the day with any family. Not sure about your course but you may be separated so a lot of the day isn't with family.
When did everyone receive offers?? I've got offers from hull, Northampton and Coventry but I'm still waiting for Loughborough and Aston (my first and second choices) I really really want Loughborough or Aston more than anything!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Hi there, what subject was it you were hoping to do at Loughborough?

Original post by jessicabeth
When did everyone receive offers?? I've got offers from hull, Northampton and Coventry but I'm still waiting for Loughborough and Aston (my first and second choices) I really really want Loughborough or Aston more than anything!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nocky1
Hi there, what subject was it you were hoping to do at Loughborough?

Human biology😌🙈
Reply 15
Oh cool, let me know if you get the offer from Loughborough. :smile:
Original post by jessicabeth
Human biology😌🙈
Original post by Nocky1
Oh cool, let me know if you get the offer from Loughborough. :smile:

Sure will :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Waiting for a offer too for electrical and electronic engineering.
Applied long ago and friend who applied same day to human biology got his quick...
They start replying again today. So hopefully quick
Original post by kikiedwards24
Hi Amy,
Thanks.

Hi Kiki

Well done on the offer for Politics :smile:

My understanding is that parents/family are welcome to join you for the applicant days, but it would be worth checking if this is common with the department just to be sure. I'd contact Kate SImpson on +44 (0)1509 222983 or at [email protected].

Hope this helps,

Amy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending